• Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Damn!
    Elmores gun shop burgled again!?
    I think that makes at least four times in about 10 or so years?

I thought they locked their guns in safes every night?
    I’m guessing they won’t be able to get insurance (or at least affordable insurance) much longer.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    The pictures don't look very helpful. I'm not sure why their alarm didn't go off. I'd think an audible alarm would be the way to go.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I know these guys were going for guns, but the cash they could make from the accessories on the shelves at Elmore's on ebay.... Most of the shops I frequent have resorted to locking everything up every night in a safe. What a pain for these shops with lots of stock.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The pictures don't look very helpful. I'm not sure why their alarm didn't go off. I'd think an audible alarm would be the way to go.

Where does it say the alarm didn't go off?
    Sometimes you can do everything right and a bumbling crook gets a cookie when he falls through the roof.
    Luckily the crook is a moronic douche that was clueless as to his targets.
    Perfect storms erupt at times.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I'm just assuming it didn't. I'd figure if the greenwood police got a burlary alarm at a gun store they would be in a hurry to get there. I'd think motion alarms would go off with him in the shop.

Years ago I used to frequent a southside shop quite a bit. One time some losers tried to get in the back door and it set the alarm off. The police were there before they even got in the door. Of course the shop is no longer there but 10 years ago alarms worked well enough, I'd think they'd work better now. Heck modern alarms can detect motion and immediately send you a text or call.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    He had a mask on... lol... I got my Tippmann M4-22 there last week and the smoke was less thick than it had been on previous trips. I think they are cutting back.

Depends on the day, when I go in there it's always a quick trip in and out, still smell like smoke when you leave.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Depends on the day, when I go in there it's always a quick trip in and out, still smell like smoke when you leave.

Yep. I hear ya. I went in for 5 mins to pickup a part I knew they had. Walked in, made a quick lap to see what they were all about, got talked down to by the old guy next to the cash register for interrupting his BS session as I requested assistance and he shooed me away to a young guy behind the other counter. He grabbed my part, I handed him a $20 and was out the door. 45 mins later I could still smell the smoke on my clothes.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Sounds like gun stores should go to the animal shelter, and give a home to a pet dog. One that barks, and big enough to discourage nighttime visitors. Alarms can help, and also be bypassed. Live feed video to the PD may be an option. The one time of special interest would be closing time. Seems might be the robber hour, thinking cash $ is there and before firearms are locked in safes. These days crime never rests, locks and bolted doors cant stop a rooftop entry. I have seen rooftop A/Cs actually pushed off the roof curbs, and entry in building. Vent fans too, nothing is impossible. Have seen guys stuck in ductwork, and fireman have to remove the sheet metal to let cops arrest them.
    Tough times for sure.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I know these guys were going for guns, but the cash they could make from the accessories on the shelves at Elmore's on ebay.... Most of the shops I frequent have resorted to locking everything up every night in a safe. What a pain for these shops with lots of stock.

Well, they could be part of a group that targets guns stores so they can supply gang members arsenal. Get the guns and get out instead of taking the time to shop around and wonder how much they can make money out of the accessories.

Top Bottom