• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndrewG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for posting this - more digestible than the 1500. I had not gone for 10 years until the spring show. it had not changed much at all. there's something to be said about familiarity.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Don't waste your time! There were very few vendors there with a lot of empty tables. In the small room a complete row of tables weren't setup. Prices were still way too high and none of the vendors I spoke with would deal. Usually this is a great show but it's declined too far for me to go to in the future. I think you'll do better going through the Black Friday Deals thread.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Just got back. Bought LNIB Italian Beretta 92fs both standard mags for $400. Romy G partial kit with a low miles original barrel for $120. Scored a steel butt plate for my Win. Model 12 for $5 ( think it's really for a Win 97), but it beats the heck out of the ugly duckling rubber pad that came on it. Couple other odds and ends. On the north wall of the main room a guy has a beautiful 870 Remington Wingmaster. Think it was 450. I currently have a moratorium on shotguns or I'd be cleaning it now. Some deals are there. Got beat to the wallet on a Ruger Number one in 30/06 with a nice Leupold. Think it was 1200 asking. All in all this show beats yard work. YMMV.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    As stated the vendor turnout was light this time. There were lots of nice older revolvers but the prices on them were way high. Everyone thought they had the holy grail pistols.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Don't waste your time! There were very few vendors there with a lot of empty tables. In the small room a complete row of tables weren't setup. Prices were still way too high and none of the vendors I spoke with would deal. Usually this is a great show but it's declined too far for me to go to in the future. I think you'll do better going through the Black Friday Deals thread.

I think several dealers are boycotting/(not setting up) at this promoters shows. The promoter is the same guy that made National news for refusing to allow a disabled vet with a REAL service dog (versus the fake foo-foo service dogs you often see) from entrance to his show, because the promoter "has an alergy". The Americans with disabilities act says that service animals trump allergies.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As stated the vendor turnout was light this time. There were lots of nice older revolvers but the prices on them were way high. Everyone thought they had the holy grail pistols.

You mean the guy with the Pythons and 3"X5" cards?

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I think several dealers are boycotting/(not setting up) at this promoters shows. The promoter is the same guy that made National news for refusing to allow a disabled vet with a REAL service dog (versus the fake foo-foo service dogs you often see) from entrance to his show, because the promoter "has an alergy". The Americans with disabilities act says that service animals trump allergies.

I've often wondered why anyone would still go to his shows after he did that. I'm really surprised that the armory still allows him to do a show there. I know A LOT of vendors and customers that will have nothing to do with him after that incident.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I've often wondered why anyone would still go to his shows after he did that. I'm really surprised that the armory still allows him to do a show there. I know A LOT of vendors and customers that will have nothing to do with him after that incident.

I've heard this too and it's a shame. 1st, it's a shame that he did it in the first place and 2nd, it's a shame that it's ruined what used to be a decent little local show. It was small enough and close enough that I could run over on a Saturday morning and be back home before DoggyMama finished her morning coffee, and while I didn't always find something there, I always enjoyed going.

Top Bottom