• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So, I am gathering a few items and will be going with my dad and brother to take my 9yo nephew shooting for the first time today. :rockwoot. He is super excited and has been wanting to go forever.

I will update later

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So, I am gathering a few items and will be going with my dad and brother to take my 9yo nephew shooting for the first time today. :rockwoot. He is super excited and has been wanting to go forever.

I will update later
    Sounds like a great day. Let's be careful out there...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I love taking my nephews to the range and it has become their favorite activity when they visit.

Take some kinetic targets if possible and don't forget the eye pro.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Got the eyes & ears and hat covered. Had a great little safety review this morning along with some hands on blue gun practice in keeping booger fingers off the bang button and keeping the muzzle down range, and went over what range commands to expect. Time to get loaded up & head out

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Got to the range and had a quick range command reminder, and focused on being safe, and having a good time. Put some squirrel targets out at 25yds, and he had an absolute blast shooting 22lr. He did an excellent job following directions and not getting into a hurry. He burnt through @300rnds of .22. Got back in the truck and asked...when can we go again. Great day sharing our sport in a safe environment

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Nice job. Sounds like your Nephew had a great time, learned how to shoot safely and is now hooked on target shooting. The world needs more Uncles like you. :yesway:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    He had a great time and I think he is hooked. But I can't take all the credit. My dad and brother went too so it was a group effort. And tomorrow he will join us (as a walk along) on his first rabbit hunt.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    He had a great time and I think he is hooked. But I can't take all the credit. My dad and brother went too so it was a group effort. And tomorrow he will join us (as a walk along) on his first rabbit hunt.

Well, kudos to you, your brother and your dad. Be safe and let us know how the rabbit hunt goes. :ingo:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Took my nephew with us for his first rabbit hunting trip today. He had a good time walking along and being allowed to roam through the woods without following an established path. He seemed to really enjoy watching the dogs work their way through the brush and listening to their howls. We spent about 3 hours in the field and he was a worn out little boy. On our way home stopped for some lunch and he was quickly napping in the back seat on the way home. Good times

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Took my nephew with us for his first rabbit hunting trip today. He had a good time walking along and being allowed to roam through the woods without following an established path. He seemed to really enjoy watching the dogs work their way through the brush and listening to their howls. We spent about 3 hours in the field and he was a worn out little boy. On our way home stopped for some lunch and he was quickly napping in the back seat on the way home. Good times

Priceless.

Top Bottom