• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    There is going to be a large gun auction (300 +) in Evansville on Dec. 9 starting at 9am. There are some very nice items on the list. Many were 'safe queens'. Some NFA and some class III. The list can be found on the auctionners web site. Sohn and assoc. are the auctionners.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Wow!

Lots of long guns, but just the handguns I see will take hours to auction.

Old pocket pistols and revolvers from S&W, Colt, NAA, Walther, Ruger, H&R, Colt.... oh, and did I mention COLT!?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    There is going to be a large gun auction (300 +) in Evansville on Dec. 9 starting at 9am. There are some very nice items on the list. Many were 'safe queens'. Some NFA and some class III. The list can be found on the auctionners web site. Sohn and assoc. are the auctionners.
    mike sorry for your loss Bobby was a good friend I miss seeing him at the gun shop on saturdays, and I know the friends of the nra lost a huge supporter and volunteer

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    Is this an online only auction? Says there is a 15% online buyers premium plus a $10 transfer fee and then add shipping/sales tax. A thousand dollar bid would cost you around $1250.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    Sadly I have seen many fine collectors pass on just in the last two years alone. One of them had one of the finest German Imperial collections in the country and was a key researcher as well, another one had a fantastic collection of German WW2 semi-auto rifles wealth of knowledge in the field too, and lastly one of them lost his life in a car crash last year after the Tulsa show. I treasure their knowledge and guidance in the hobby more.

Redleg11b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2017
    Goshen/Elkhart
    It is always sad to hear of a beloved friend passing, and nobody to pass their collections to. Mine are very vanilla in comparison, and will most likely be given to friends if the kids do not want them. My interests are much milder than some. I saw a T/C Carbine, Ruger 96/22M, a few single shot shotguns, and a Mossberg or two that may interest me. My wallet is telling me to make sure I am at work and away from a phone or computer that day though. I hope that the sale makes some good money for the family or an organization if it is to be diverted that way. It sounds like this gentleman would have chosen a good one.

BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    ****. I always hate to see someone with a nice collection like this pass. I bet he was type of guy I could have a beer with and talk for hours. As someone that might be interested in attending his first auction (unicorn lugers, garands, and broomhandles), is there any advice some of you veterans could give? Is there any chance that any of you might be there on Saturday. (it's a 3 hour drive for me) Thank you for your time. -Ben

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ****. I always hate to see someone with a nice collection like this pass. I bet he was type of guy I could have a beer with and talk for hours. As someone that might be interested in attending his first auction (unicorn lugers, garands, and broomhandles), is there any advice some of you veterans could give? Is there any chance that any of you might be there on Saturday. (it's a 3 hour drive for me) Thank you for your time. -Ben

I had hoped to go (if I could get off work) so in case I couldn't, I was bidding online, and the two items I was interested in are over my budget now, this auction is really 3 people's estates. the vast majority (350) came from 2 collectors who had very similar taste, (bob was a good friend, we ate breakfast together for years, you couldn't have a beer with him, he gave up drinking a long time ago) I wanted to buy a gun or two of his, as a reminder but 200.00 (online) is a little high for a walther p22, and 300 is too high for a mark 1 with a pac lite upper.

it looks like they have added a few more, but those will go thru the roof, right now the last gun up is a 100 year colt/nra commemorative and its at 10.00 (yes 10 dollars) ill guess 1200.00 is what it'll end up at, once "auction fever" hits and 2 people both want it.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I plan to be there. If you make the drive, look for the fat guy with a bard in an INGO shirt. One of them will be me. You can also follow it live on proxibid but it is always fun to be in the room. Mediocre gun show next door as well.

I was planning on trying for 2-3 guns until K-var told me they had SLR-107URs in stock. Now it will be 1 or 2.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Having some experience with broomhandles, number one is if it won't open, don't buy it. Value from there gets complicated other than having the numbers match.

Top Bottom