• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I had an appointment at the V.A. yesterday. As I was waiting to see the doctor, I was on my phone. I noticed they had free WiFi, so I connected.
    When I tried to get on INGO, their Wi-Fi settings blocked the site for "weapons" content.
    I tried to get on the Palmetto State Armory site, out of curiosity, and was shut down again for "weapons" content.
    Who would have ever thought that our military veterans would have an interest in weapons??

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I had an appointment at the V.A. yesterday. As I was waiting to see the doctor, I was on my phone. I noticed they had free WiFi, so I connected.
    When I tried to get on INGO, their Wi-Fi settings blocked the site for "weapons" content.
    I tried to get on the Palmetto State Armory site, out of curiosity, and was shut down again for "weapons" content.
    Who would have ever thought that our military veterans would have an interest in weapons??
    Which WiFi did you connect to?

ArisakaTiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2017
    Westfield
    I assume it to be a an issue where employers are making decisions as to what is safe and appropriate, thank you nanny state. Where I work there is a guest WiFi as well one for our own business purposes. They more heavily censor the sites employees may access categorizing them as a business or non-business need.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Weapons" sites are blocked at my work too (gubmint employee here), although for some reason, ordering ammo or even guns from Sportsman's Guide is perfectly okay. I guess it doesn't trigger the filters. :nuts:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It was a VA guest connection.

I haven't been able to connect to it in a while. A building like that it's amazing WiFi/other connections work as good as they do. About the only place you don't get phone service is near MRI and Audiology. Full disclosure: I've worked there for 10 years (non-patient care).

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It may be that it's a catch-all from their filter software vs. being an active choice.

Next time, see if there's a "report this" or "examine this" button on the block page to transmit the URL to a real person to see if someone can unblock the site from the filter.

Granted, it IS the Federal Goverment, and it IS a Federal GFZ...so it probably is a conscious decision to block things like that.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Hmmm. You REALLY need to use INGO when receiving medical care? There was a time when all you could do was look at "Parents" magazine or equivalent that had been thumbed through by people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

Just sayin....

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hmmm. You REALLY need to use INGO when receiving medical care? There was a time when all you could do was look at "Parents" magazine or equivalent that had been thumbed through by people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

Just sayin....

Just thinking that often people spend hours in these places with nothing to do but wait... yeah, INGO is a must :ingo:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Forget the wi-fi, make it easier to park.

This IS easier! You shoulda seen it a few years ago!! I park in the Eskenazi garage, 5 minute walk to the office and take my life in my hands crossing the street (not as much as the medical residents, I swear I don't know how there's not lab coat roadkill every day!)

Serious note, the Cold Springs facility has parking and runs a shuttle like every 15 minutes. If you don't have a handicap plate/hang-tag (10th St parking lot is 100% handicap parking) I'd give it a look.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I usually arrive early for parking and sign in to the wifi at the cafeteria. Some of the treatment areas are blocked but most of the waiting areas have good reception. I stream Netflix without problems. They block one of the blog sites as a "gambling site". It is not a gambling site, It is run by an old Cajun electrician who posts daily history and political content. Mostly Cajun, All American and Opinionated | Viewing the world from Southwest Louisiana

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sometimes I have gotten on INGO using a VPN when I am at the hospital. But I can remember them blocking every VPN that I tried a few times.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh yea, no firearms allowed anywhere....Those of you who carried them to protect the Nation cannot be trusted!

You're preachin to the choir, Steel Core. I walk by the 18 USC Sec 930 signs every day.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Just sayin....

[h=1]Your Cell Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than a Toilet Seat. Here's What to Do About It[/h]
    Your Cell Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than a Toilet Seat | Time

Forget the wi-fi, make it easier to park.

They have valet parking at Jesse Brown.

Top Bottom