• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    File this under "people you probably don't care about but it's firearm related so I'll read it anyway"...

Two members of TV reality show royalty, Kendall Jenner and Khloe Kardashian, are training to use pistols, angering their famous sister Kim in the latest demonstration of America’s debate over guns and the price of terrorism and violence.

In an upcoming episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Kendall and Khloe are shown talking about guns and the need for one to protect themselves. Khloe sounds familiar with weapons, describing how younger Kendall should try some pistols out.

Kardashian shootout over guns, Kim says no, Kendall, Khloe yes

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Colion Noir commented on this as well:

[h=6]Mr. Colion Noir (@MrColionNoir)[/h]December 1 at 7:05pm ·

Over the years I've been a savage critic of Kim Kardashians pre-adolescent stance on guns. Typically, I ignore anti-gun people whose knowledge of firearms begins and ends with, "Like, guns are so freaking scary." However, Kim has a massive audience, and they know even less than she does about guns, so It's like watching Helen Keller teaching people how to drive. I have to step in before any real damage is done.
    However, I have to give credit to not only the show but @khloekardashian & @kendalljenner for actually having this conversation out loud, especially considering their status in an industry where being pro-gun anything is not easy and a borderline career death sentence. Most celebs who are pro-gun keep it on the low. Shout out to @tarantactical for being a conduit for people in Hollywood to learn about and experience guns in a positive way.
    1f4aa_1f3ff.png
    #ThePewPewLife = #ThePPL

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is, in reality, a good thing for gun owners.

Those people have ENORMOUS sway in society. That a couple of them might end up pro-gun (to whatever degree it ends up being) is nothing short of a culture war victory.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    They are doing their training with Taran Tactical. I know they work a lot with celebrities and teaching them weapons handling for movies using live fire. I honestly think this could be a good thing. TT has seen some backlash on social about working with the Kardashian’s but, they hold a lot of influence(sad but true). Also, I’m sure they deal with a whole lot of crazy fans and stalkers, if they are actually concerned with safety and take the right steps to educate themselves and train, The gun community should support that.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    [STRIKE]They are doing their training with Taran Tactical. I know they work a lot with celebrities and teaching them weapons handling for movies using live fire. I honestly think this could be a good thing. [/STRIKE]TT has seen some backlash on social about working with the Kardashian’s butt, [STRIKE]they hold a lot of influence(sad but true). Also, I’m sure they deal with a whole lot of crazy fans and stalkers, if they are actually concerned with safety and take the right steps to educate themselves and train, The gun community should support that.[/STRIKE]

200.gif

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    The gun community should always be welcoming to any newcomers.

That being said... nothing about that show is real. This gun division amongst family members is scripted. Talked about over the boardroom table. If the network is in on it, you can about bet that the final goal of this is to paint a positive light on the left side of this topic. My guess is give it time, see how it plays out, it’ll favor the anti’s and those calling for more “common sense gun laws”. Which is exactly what the producers want...draw them in, build viewers, then drop the PSA.

IMO.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Probably be swayed to being anti gun by the script too

That being said... nothing about that show is real. This gun division amongst family members is scripted. Talked about over the boardroom table. If the network is in on it, you can about bet that the final goal of this is to paint a positive light on the left side of this topic. My guess is give it time, see how it plays out, it’ll favor the anti’s and those calling for more “common sense gun laws”. Which is exactly what the producers want...draw them in, build viewers, then drop the PSA.

IMO.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Probably be swayed to being anti gun by the script too

Exactly.

Unfortunately, as we all know, there are masses of people out there that are not capable of formulating their own opinions and will go along with whatever their celebrity leaders tell them to think. Just like all the mindless drones in high school that will follow the good looking popular kids in an attempt to be cool too. It was genius to infiltrate the Hollywood/music and tv scene to appeal to the uneducated, or at least those unwilling to do any investigative leg work on their own and would follow the nearest crowd off a cliff. As well as the ones that just want to be cool/popular/relevant just like they did as kids in school, or as the kids in school that they are now.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

IMO.

Yeah, very possible it's all just a ploy to push agenda.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Top Bottom