Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: TMZ shows video footage of cop shooting civilian in hotel hallway.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    The militarization of the police has followed the trend of the world and the US to put out more and more militarized individuals. I was born in 86, I knew a few good years without blood, gore, beheadings, etc being force fed to a screen in my hand we held our innocence a little longer than the generation coming of age today. Kids are being raised on call of duty, not blaming violent video games for violent behavior I blame violent leaders for keeping us in large scale armed conflict for coming up on 20 years for influencing the video games, kids have access to videos of beheadings, constant bombardment of propaganda that polarizes and segments people by the most trivial of things. The police must be equipped to deal with the real threat they face, the answer isn't demilitarizing them it is demilitarizing our society's mindset.

I do think this event can be turned into useful real world training. Focusing on managing stress in order to give logical commands, but I don't necessarily think this was an event that demilitarizing would have changed. Lot's of "busts" in the Phoenix area using tank like vehicles and swat teams on families being trafficked would be a better argument against militarized police forces. The equipment gave them the confidence to carry out operations that should have been taken care of through the guidance and leadership of trained federal forces. But, that is another topic for another day that will probably lead to more people putting me on the ignore list lol.
    Lol, you obviously haven't worked with many.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

Just came to check in on this thread and...

Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    So when I see a beheading on youtube or any other internet outlet, it's not violent because it is just pixels to me. Simulator training for air crews must also be a waste of time, because you can't "fly" watching pixels while in a moving box attached to the ground via hydraulic rams. Scenario based video simulation training is also pointless because it's only pixels. Video games are closer to simulators every year. The military has capitalized on this by expanding the use of drones exponentially which exploits the use of skills developed by growing up playing games. Military contractors use control groups of kids to help develop controls that the kids find most natural because of their time playing video games. It's all just pixels on a screen.
    I was only talking about video games.
    If you watch a video of a real beheading then that's actual violence.
    That's a real person being killed.
    If it's a fake beheading in a movie there's no violence at all.
    And I'm obviously not saying that flight simulators are a waste of time or that you can't get some kind of traing out of video games.
    I'm just saying that computer generated pixels in video games are not actual people, therefore there's no violence involved when you "kill" them in a game.

Sorry for the folks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Just came to check in on this thread and...

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Also that rug really tied the room together.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post
    Here is our hero of the day:

Thats not a hero thats a crimminal that should be locked up. This isnt the only time this idiot used excessive force either. Do some googling. Secondly how about the fact you shouldnt be discharging high velocity rounds inside a crowded hotel?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rennocneb View Post
    Thats not a hero thats a crimminal that should be locked up. This isnt the only time this idiot used excessive force either. Do some googling. Secondly how about the fact you shouldnt be discharging high velocity rounds inside a crowded hotel?
    I think you missed the sarcasm.
    Una salus victis nullam sperare salute.
    The only hope for the doomed, is no hope at all
    Virgil

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.
    Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Says who? The shoot seems bad, no denying that, but there's no issue with deploying a rifle to reach parity with someone else who has a rifle, regardless of environment.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Not to mention, pistol bullets penetate walls MORE than those "high velocity" rounds you're talking about.
    1st article is an "independent"review.
    2nd article has some stats and quotes from the FBI.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...ot-enough-gun/

Why ?High Powered? 5.56 NATO/.223 AR-15 Ammo is Safer For Home Defense (FBI overpenetration testing) | Prepared Gun Owners
    Una salus victis nullam sperare salute.
    The only hope for the doomed, is no hope at all
    Virgil

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.
    Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

https://www.theboxotruth.com/

Good resource for some actual testing verse Gun Store "knowledge/lore".

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I every time I come back it still churns my guts about this situation. Guess I should take a break for the Holidays.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast