• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Today I get home and take out my extra mag and notice there is sweat on the back of the rubber paddle part. And it was far from warm out low 30's. My new IWB holster arrived and its great, so I am wondering if there is anything I need to keep an eye out for with my all steel edc? Will a light wipe down with rem oil wipes do the job or am I over thinking it?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Today I get home and take out my extra mag and notice there is sweat on the back of the rubber paddle part. And it was far from warm out low 30's. My new IWB holster arrived and its great, so I am wondering if there is anything I need to keep an eye out for with my all steel edc? Will a light wipe down with rem oil wipes do the job or am I over thinking it?

What gun is it? I've sweated all over Glocks of various makes and models in my IWB hybrid holster and never had an issue. I'm talking fishing in the summer, mowing the grass, etc kind of sweat rolling down your back.

Some guns seem to have issues with sweat for sure, and seems like some people must sweat acid from reading some accounts here, so making sure to take care of the gun, and wipe it down periodically and let it air out a bit when a holster is a bit soaking is not a bad plan.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

I wouldn't trust RemOil anything to wipe down anything. It's basically useless anymore.
    Lots of better choices.
    Since I've switched to CLP I haven't had any rust issues. Remoil not so good results. .

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've purchased more than one carry piece because it was made of titanium instead of steel.
    An expensive trade-off, but titanium doesn't rust!

comm2679

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    East Central
    I carry IWB with spare mag pocket carried. I've never personally had any rust issues with Glock, despite there being beads of sweat on the gun many times when I take it off. I never wipe it down either. The roll pins on my S&W shield have shown light rust before, but the mags have never rusted. A J-Feame S&W revolver will rust on the controls, barrel and cylinder if not wiped down. I guess what I'm trying to say is every gun is different. Wiping it down after carry would probably be good practice if you're so inclined.

Top Bottom