• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2017
    LaPorte County
    Does anybody have experience in the filing of a petition for expungement in Indiana? I have an old misdemeanor that I would like to get sealed and unfortunately, I cannot afford the $2000 fee that the lawyers that I have talked to would charge. I thought that the code was written to allow for an individual to file on their own.

bloodman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    in your nightmares
    Does anybody have experience in the filing of a petition for expungement in Indiana? I have an old misdemeanor that I would like to get sealed and unfortunately, I cannot afford the $2000 fee that the lawyers that I have talked to would charge. I thought that the code was written to allow for an individual to file on their own.

you might try this https://www.justanswer.com/

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Does anybody have experience in the filing of a petition for expungement in Indiana?

Boy do I. Under the old statute, under all 3 versions of the new statute, I even have done 35-47 expungements. I remember when all this was orchard and I took the ferry to Morganville which is what we called West Lafayette is those days. I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time . . .

It is within your best interest to seek the advice of an attorney for your choosing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    He doesn't do that kind of work.

He is aware of a guy named Bryan Truitt from Valpo, or a guy named Tony Ashford in Chesterton who do criminal law and probably do it regularly.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've toyed with doing this also. I have an old misdemeanor arrest that occasionally flags and fails me on background checks for this or that. So far, it's just been an occasional inconvenience that takes a bit of paperwork to fix. It would be kind of nice if it was just gone, though, specially since the arrest shouoldn't have happened to begin with (I should have fought it harder back then. I was naive enough to think that just because I didn't do it, it would just go away on it's own).

JDG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2017
    LaPorte County
    As I read more about it, it was supposed to be written so that you could file your self, but it is complicated. The Attorneys that I have talked to wanted upwards of $2000. Perhaps I can find someone to work on a limited scope representation and let me do some or most of the grunt work.

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Boy do I. Under the old statute, under all 3 versions of the new statute, I even have done 35-47 expungements. I remember when all this was orchard and I took the ferry to Morganville which is what we called West Lafayette is those days. I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time . . .

It is within your best interest to seek the advice of an attorney for your choosing.

I didn't take you as a Simpson fan!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The question is: Do you want to try it yourself and risk a screw up or do you want to spend a few bucks, hire an attorney and get it done right the first time? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Top Bottom