• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    Check this example out, no low balls now. Its a special "law enforcement edition" lol dear god you can pick a used glock 22 up with box and 3 mags all day long for 299-349
    Capture.JPG

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    When I see an ad written like that, I never respond, even if it is a good deal.
    Most likely he over paid for it because he cannot pass a back ground check, and is marketing to people just like him, who may pay the price or something close.
    That is my first assumption when I see ads like that.

I could be wrong, he could be trolling for suckers.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    quote-"Most likely he over paid for it because he cannot pass a back ground check, and is marketing to people just like him, who may pay the price or something close."

Likely the case, IMHO

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    When I see an ad written like that, I never respond, even if it is a good deal.
    Most likely he over paid for it because he cannot pass a back ground check, and is marketing to people just like him, who may pay the price or something close.
    That is my first assumption when I see ads like that.

I could be wrong, he could be trolling for suckers.

I've met a lot of people who overpaid while passing a background check. In fact I watched probably 10 or 15 at the last 1500 I went to. One that stands out was a P07, I was close enough to hear the final price at 600, that is 100 dollars more than you can regularly get them from gallery. I set the pistol I was considering down and walked away. There is a large percentage of gun purchasers who just believe they are getting a good deal because they are not indoctrinated into the culture and market. You see it on used car prices on craigslist too, people pay it because they think used means they are getting a good deal. This guy will sit on this glock for a while, but I see no reason to think he is illegally in possession of a firearm from an overpriced ad.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The flip side is, it doesnt matter what you list a gun for, its rare someone says "Ill take it" like they would with a lot of items. No matter what you list for a lot of people wont buy a gun unless you let them talk you down 25%. This particular add, 25% off is still a little high, but you see my point.

You list a brand new Glock for 200 bucks, and there is a large section of the gun community that wont buy unless they talk you down to 150 (25% off). The gun community is a little unique in that respect.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I very rarely "deal" either buying or selling. I have a set price in mind no matter which end of the deal I'm on and I stick to it. I've yet to buy the Henry Big Boy I've wanted for several years now because I'm not going to pay new price for anything used and I'd rather not buy new so as to save a few bucks.

This is also one of the reasons I don't typically do trades, because yours isn't as valuable to me as it is to you and vice versa. I get it, that's why I prefer cash deals. Others roll differently and I'm happy for them, I the seller gets his asking price then I know he'll be happy and the buyer will be too at least until he founds out he overpaid!

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Friends, welcome to Ft. Wayne, if any item sells new for say $325, used in Indi would be $150, the Ft. Wayne used market will want $275 for it.........the used market should correct it's self soon

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But is says "special" edition.

Let's be fair to the seller. It does come with a box of Federal Champion ammo and soft holster.

1zpwb1.jpg

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I have a very special edition LE Glock 22 with 3 mags. Perfect amount of holster wear and scratches. I am only asking $550.00 I'll even put it in a grocery sack for you to carry.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I have a very special edition LE Glock 22 with 3 mags. Perfect amount of holster wear and scratches. I am only asking $550.00 I'll even put it in a grocery sack for you to carry.

Last G22 I bought (which is turning into one of my favorite pistols) came with 5 mags and some ammo, and the seller put it in a Kroger bag for me :D

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I think used weapons in general are very high priced. I often use my shockface at used prices $50 less than new is not a used price.
    idon’t even go to gun shows anymore I haven’t found a good deal at one since I bought a Mosin for $49.00 years ago.
    Now I ask friends and INGO then search you tube find what I want then search for the best deal.

Too bad I am not a Glock fan the Blue label prices are nice.

Top Bottom