• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atkinsons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    I am looking for input from INGO followers on an outside range. I am looking to purchase some acreage in Putnam county or somewhere there about and if I find the right property I am looking to build a new outside range with pistol bays (6 to 8 bays) wide enough to accommodate specialty training with vehicles and approximately 300 yard rifle range as well. So my question is 1) if I build it would you come and shoot. 2) would you be willing to drive up to an hour to shoot at this range.
    I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    If it is not too far from the express way and you are insured, then yes I might enjoy being able to somewhere to Shoot out to 300 yards. Especially if you put some nice gongs out there =D. Also please be within an hour of Indy.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I currently drive to Cloverdale from North side of Indy. You couldn't be further, probably closer. Your idea of 300 yard range is just what I am looking for. $150 / year sounds reasonable for a nice facility. I bring my own targets and target stands. Just want nice benches, covered if possible, and solid backstop.
    Count me in.

Atkinsons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    Thank you for the input. As of right now I am thinking yearly memberships with the possibility of monthly memberships but would have to look into how to make that monthly memberships happen. Always looking for suggestions. Again thank you

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    You have a great idea. Snafu has a point in terms of convenience, not too difficult to get to from I-70. I think you're looking for an 80 acre corn field.

Atkinsons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    You have a great idea. Snafu has a point in terms of convenience, not too difficult to get to from I-70. I think you're looking for an 80 acre corn field.
    Convenience is having this type of facility an hour or less from you and I can get this done on about 20 to 30 acres. Once the land is purchased I might be looking for someone who can help move dirt. Hint hint

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Convenience is having this type of facility an hour or less from you and I can get this done on about 20 to 30 acres. Once the land is purchased I might be looking for someone who can help move dirt. Hint hint

I hear what you are saying. :rolleyes:

It is apparent the LZ was not given enough room in existing range venues west of Indy and it has created problems for those efforts. I have more than one dirt moving resource in the Putnam County area, that's the easy part. :) Finding the right land is the challenge.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Bro build and they will come lol. Your going to get 1 million suggestions and must haves. If it's a solid business you will have customers especially around Indy.

Make it close to Indy. Covered bays. Has to be right off the interstate. Make sure you have a coffee barista. Couches under the bay for us to sit and talk about guns on. A cigar bar for when I finish shooting. Maybe a bourbon bar for after of coarse also. Blah blah blah.

Make a nice range over 100 and all these folks requests won't mean much they will show up strictly for the convience

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Didn't Bob from PSS try this several years ago in Putnam county? Not sure of the location or what issues caused them to drop it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    it would be a couple hour drive From Michigan City.
    Are you considering running combat courses?
    If so i would consider a monthly trip for a two day course.
    But at a reasonable price.

Top Bottom