• ...and so much more!
  • TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So today I'm in "Freedom Firearms" in Fort Wayne. It's exactly 2:10 pm when I hear... "Don't buy Colt.... they're a Chinese owned company... ". Twas an older man behind the counter talking to a man and a women... He was explaining the quality of handguns.

Say it isn't so....

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    how-about-no-dcvy4z.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt's_Manufacturing_Company

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=9898968

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    And for years gunshops sold Springfield Armory guns and had no idea those guns were actually made by IMBEL in Brasil. When that became public knowledge suddenly a whole lot of people started questioning their quality. Actually I have seen more Colt 1911s with manufacturing defects than Springfield Armory.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In my best Donny Baker voice,
    "It's state law man, look it up for yourself..."

Donny for President!!! :rockwoot:

Seriously.... they lost a legit inquiry/sale at Freedom because of that statement by the ignorant wanker.
    I went to 4 shops looking for two guns to "feel" trying to make a final decision... I'm looking at a CZ 805 Bren and a Tavor X95. They had neither. I wanted to talk to them about both but after hearing that tripe
    I just walked out. I've purchased a few from there. I won't go back... period.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Donny for President!!! :rockwoot:

Seriously.... they lost a legit inquiry/sale at Freedom because of that statement by the ignorant wanker.
    I went to 4 shops looking for two guns to "feel" trying to make a final decision... I'm looking at a CZ 805 Bren and a Tavor X95. They had neither. I wanted to talk to them about both but after hearing that tripe
    I just walked out. I've purchased a few from there. I won't go back... period.

I've been in there a couple times, it's a nice store but you probably saved yourself from overpaying anyway.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Yes, Gun Shop truisms, facts, all got it here first, i have a friend who has a friend who knew someone there.
    It can be fun to start some rediculous stuff and then see if you recognize it is six months.

Like did you know that so in so is coming out with a bolt action semi auto? Its in the current issue of Grunts and Groans.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Did he also mention how the lifetime "concealed carry permit" is going away to?:)

And how you shouldn't buy a glock because you'll shoot yourself with it because it doesn't have a safety?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, a Manhattan investment banker of Iraqi descent is now "Chinese" because of what some gun shoppe Fudd thinks?

Look, Donnie Zilkha knows absolutely nothing about guns, but he is not Chinese.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Top Bottom