• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Did not want to hijack another thread so I figured I would start a new one.

Anyone else really miss Lengel's Gun Shop in Wabash? That place was awesome. I purchased several firearms there. Loved just walking around and looking at all the firearms on the racks and in the cases. You could find guns there, that you would never see anywhere else. Don was a really nice gentleman and down-to-earth businessman.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    This ought to be a tribute thread! Great gun shop. Good people. Really was a good place to buy or just be there. So many stories but then again if you have been there, you'll have stories of your own. If you were lucky and showed up on the day him and Mary come back from vacation out west then you were treated to piles of new (used) firearms to choose from. Yes, definitely miss those days.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I loved that place, and the people in it. Would walk in there and get beckoned over to see a new gun almost every time I went.

Might have skipped a few days of my senior year to just go there and browse.

Took my girlfriend there, and started a whole new round of friendship.

I remember testing out a Mossberg Bullpup, Don came out with a different shotgun and one round in his hand. They would throw a clay, which I missed... and then he would dust it. Amazed me at the time.

Spent a lot of money, and even more time at that place. Really thought one of the kids would have kept it going when he retired.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Remember they used to have a gun over the register and they would reduce the price every week until it was sold? I went buy one time and it was just closed. I always wondered what happened to that place.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Closed before I had a chance to get there. Also miss the place in Wabash that bought furs, sold guns and had a bunch of Case knives. Started buying knives and went to go there and we're out of business......

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I think this is the place that a couple buddies and I went to like 20 years ago during their going out of business sale. I bought a couple of M1A rifles and a Ruger 10-22 International that day. One of the M1A rifles was a National Match the other was a Loaded. I still have the 10-22.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Goodness gracious... I miss that place! I spent more darn money there in one year than I have anywhere else combined since they closed. Don was a true gentleman and the kids were awesome. I talked to Don just before he closed the shop... basically the industry was changing and not for the better. He saw the writing on the wall and what was coming with the laws and such and decided it was time to exit on a high note. I bought a Browning vault from Don... still got it... one of the best built vaults I've ever seen.
    Darn... I miss that place.
    Scooby's was pretty decent as well. They had a nice selection also.
    Ah the good old days.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Bought a shotgun barrel out of that old garage. Didn’t have much money and rabbit season was coming, Don felt sorry for me
    and let me have it for half the marked price.

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    I miss that place too, I was a broke ass kid at the time just starting my first real job. I couldn't afford to buy much but right as they closed I began to make decent money. I also miss The Gun Room in 12 mile. That was a really nice shop...

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Never found an equal to the gun shop...loved that place. Best place I have found is McDonald's in Marion.

Top Bottom