• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Home automation, and virtual assistants are becoming very popular (Alexa, Google assistant).

I have 5 Google home minis throughout my house.

One great feature is I can say "ok Google play music on all"
    And it will play music quite loud on all the devices in the house.

So the ridiculous part...

So i hear a bump in the night, I tell the devices to play music , something loud and noisy now my steps can't be heard so they have no ideas where I'm coming from.

Also there is a broadcast feature that allows me to throw my voice to every device in the house. Warning them to GTFO before the shooting starts.

How dumb is my thought? Also happy friday

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Dumb. It's along the same lines as "racking ma' shawtgun will make 'em gtfo!"

It also means you can't hear them​.

Unless you have video around the house as well...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Get cameras for inside the house! Sounds like John Wick, Jason Bourne or someone is about to have a fight seen to me! :):

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    For a serious post though, most people unless they have young kids to worry about or some other unknown reason just stay in their bedroom with their firearm and call the police. It would be different if they were still outside and trying to break in or a few other situations.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Can you have it broadcast in NFL Film's John Facenda's voice?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think the music idea is not great, but the voice-broadcast (as I said above) offers an OODA loop advantage. IF it is a bad guy, he's now got a voice coming from multiple places, without a clear idea of which one is real.

If it is a teenager sneaking into/out of the house, they know they're busted.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For a serious post though, most people unless they have young kids to worry about or some other unknown reason just stay in their bedroom with their firearm and call the police. It would be different if they were still outside and trying to break in or a few other situations.

This is a good point. If there are others in the house, sure you need to venture out. If not, you don't go on the offensive.

If you are​ hunkered down, some noise to confuse the intruder? Not a bad idea.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    If it could be used to help set a more effective ambush against a home invasion I am for it. Not sure how effective the examples so far would be in assisting with an ambush but there is definitely potential.

I would prefer a silent panic alarm, go get the baby and give baby to Miss Gunslinger set ambush and wait for help.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Something like this may give you an advantage for a short time anyway....but as was said, they can't hear you but also you can't hear them either.....may be a deterrent but don't think I would trust my or my families well being to it...

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Alexa could play this through out the house as your setting up your ambush point to cover your noise and measure the determination of your attacker/home invader. If bad guy keeps coming while this is playing in house wide stereo its best to assume you're gonna be in a tough fight.
    [video=youtube;ubjvigZCdH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubjvigZCdH4[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    As I recall, a similar tactic in Home Alone was only effective for a short time.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    Program the noise of a pump shotgun racking, that should make an impression with all the devices making that noise at the same time.
    Follow that with any exert of a Clint Eastwood movie quote.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bad idea. I want to hear them as I know my layout in the dark. I would really prefer having an intruder in hand when LEO arrives. Some would be happy if they ran off. Not me.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Bad idea. I want to hear them as I know my layout in the dark. I would really prefer having an intruder in hand when LEO arrives. Some would be happy if they ran off. Not me.

I get what you're saying there but it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if they ran off once they knew I'm up and about in the house. No shots fired would be great. If I know I'm gonna be the only one with a gun then yeah but I'd rather not exchange fire with someone else if I don't have to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get what you're saying there but it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if they ran off once they knew I'm up and about in the house. No shots fired would be great. If I know I'm gonna be the only one with a gun then yeah but I'd rather not exchange fire with someone else if I don't have to.

Good points but if they run off someone elses castle will be trespassed and possibly hurt/killed.
    If they are in my castle I want them. I want them on record. Or hurt.
    I am aware many do not feel as I do and I respect that. I did not used to but after some thought and serious discussions I now do. To each their own comfort zone.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Good points but if they run off someone elses castle will be trespassed and possibly hurt/killed.
    If they are in my castle I want them. I want them on record. Or hurt.
    I am aware many do not feel as I do and I respect that. I did not used to but after some thought and serious discussions I now do. To each their own comfort zone.

Yeah I understand why you want them when LEO show up. I don't want someone else's castle trespassed either. I'd rather not have to kill someone either but if you're in my house uninvited and I don't know you then all bets are off and someone is getting shot.

Top Bottom