• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I think the article mentions Wilson trying to maintain the lines from Chip McCormick. Seems like they could just keep things going in the same direction and have a good share of the market.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think the article mentions Wilson trying to maintain the lines from Chip McCormick. Seems like they could just keep things going in the same direction and have a good share of the market.

Yeah they all start out this way. Then the accountants get involved.
    I really hope you are right.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I saw this last weekend, Bill and Chip were in talks for awhile I guess. Two different states operation wise but from what I read Wilson's son is running Wilson Combat now so maybe Bill will have time to play with power mags!! Lol I have both and like both, hopefully it stays fairly close to now.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Just what we need.. WC will more than likely fit CM mags with plastic followers and compromise the side witness holes for vertical slots and charge twice as much for mags that do not work.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Yep. In my experience, They weaken the body, cut your fingers. The plastic follower gums up with ballistic waste and softens the material to hinder slide lock function ,not to mention they only feed sometimes. My CM have been in use since 2001 with several thousand rounds of zero malfunctions. I'm glad I have new ones in stock.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    WOW!! I must have the only 100% Wilson/Rogers magazines ever made from what I've read in this thread..

Also the the only CM product I ever used was a Shooting Star follower.. Added a round to the factory magazine BUT made them less than reliable..
    CM doesn't offer their top end/RPM magazines in Officers/Combat size. WHY?? They offer a longer magazine baseplate to make the full size work in the Officers/Compact which hang 1/2" - 3/4" down out of the pistol.. They do offer their Power Mags & Match Grade magazines for the compact.. Pretty much a stock magazine with a Shooting Star follower & a threaded & tapped baseplate..
    Nothing against Chip or His company but the BEST "compact" sized magazines I've ever tried where the Wilson/Rogers

In Full Size magazines I would think that the CMC & Wilson/Rogers would be equals.. The slots instead of holes has never cut ME either, I have only 25 years with this pistol.

http://www.cmcmags.com/ihtmlndex

1911 & AR Magazines | Wilson Combat

99qxax.jpg

This is the 7 round Wilson compact magazine in my Compact, They also offer a slimmer/shorter baseplate as well
    I will also NOTE: that this baseplate is plastic/polymer, They NOW offer them aluminium & steel as the added weight helps them drop free a bit better I would assume..

Chip make a flush fitting RPM magazine for the compact with your improved feed lips & I'll try them & shoot a couple thousand rounds thew each..
    I hope you can better the Wilson/Rogers Magazine..
    I've used Wilson Magazines since 1993

Last edited:
    Top Bottom