• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I recently purchased 3 “blem” lowers from PSA through one of their stupid deals that basically gave them away for free. They are considered blems but I can’t find anything wrong with them.

whats interesting, is that the 3 lowers are consecutive serial numbers. Do the serial numbers get added after they have been deemed blems?

I know it’s a trivial thing but it’s kind of cool I’ll have 3 guns with consecutive serial numbers, and like I said, I can’t find a single blem.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    It could be that something isn't quite to spec with a whole batch of lowers, but it isn't out of spec enough to be a big issue. A few from the batch didn't pass quality control, so they deemed the whole batch blems. Maybe something like the pin holes are a hair to big and they don't want to deal with customers complaining that their pins are starting to walk out after they fire 1000 consecutive rounds. But that's just my take on it. I could be wrong, but it seems to make sense to me if they have consecutive serial numbers.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I'm not sure PSA would release anything that could be considered unsafe. I would like to know what the blem actually is.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It's possible that, for instance, a pallet was hit by a fork truck. Usually then the entire pallet is blemished, because they don't want to pay someone to sort them.

(I don’t know this specifically for PSA, but I know that it happens in warehouses.)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've bought 3-5 blem lowers & 2-3 blem PSA uppers and if I could even find the blem it was inconsistent coloration. I've never found a wrong size or wrong location hole.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'd guess there's a small machining blem somewhere or they weren't happy with the coating finish. I highly doubtful they'd sell anything out of tolerance as a blem.

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    Same topic (blems) but different company (Beretta USA).

Beretta has had some err, umm, uhhhh QC "challenges" at their newish TN plant. They have recently been selling blem vertec slides "with minor cosmetic imperfections". These have the serrations on one side of the slide 1/4-1/2" off from where the serrations belong. Some folks are also having front dovetail sights on vertec slides working loose/falling out, My speculation is that the dovetails may be cut outta spec.

I guess the point here is be knowledgeable and be careful as to how things should fit & work, and how important is it, should it not.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've bought lots of PSA blems over the years and most all of them are as you've described. However, in the last batch I bought a few years back I had two that came in that were absolutely terrible. Like the worst that I've seen from them ever. There were bulges even up around the safety and the emblem and other things are barely visible. I'm not complaining, all of the other have looked great, and it is functional but it is a true "blem" basically some just seem to be better than others.

Top Bottom