• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Ive been watching some of Clint's videos on youtube and would like to know what everyone else thinks of him. OK? okay ok. If you havent watched any,,check out afew and lemme know what you think. ok? okay okay.

I'm sure he knows his STUFF but dude seems like a whack job. I guess telling it like it is isnt always pretty. okay ok.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Mr Smith is highly sought after because he has been there and done that and stays humble about it. He was with/under Jeff Cooper and expanded on his own. As an agency trainer myself I appreciate his sometimes blunt and sarcastic response. Especially with some of the I'll prepared minds that show up and want to argue.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Smith is the real deal. Former Marine and LEO. He makes snowflake's heads implode because he doesn't give a damn about anyone's feelings (except his wife's). Just like my dear old Drill Sgt. Not a whack job.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have not train with him but from what I see and hear Thunder ranch is a great place to train, he tells how it is and some people may not like that approach but I appreciate his honesty.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    One of the founding members of the Allen County Practical Defense League in Ft Wayne Indiana before he became great. Clint is Clint and will always be Clint. ACPDL is still going strong. You cannot go wrong training with him.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I’ve taken a carbine class and he is a very good instructor. Straight to the point and no BS. I like his teaching style. If you need your hand held and rainbows blown up your ass while training, he might not be the instructor for you.

Whack job? Nope. Great instructor that happens to not give a **** what anyone else thinks? Yep.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I find Clint Smith highly entertaining and full of well thought out info and insight.

Agree or disagree. . . makes no difference to Clint. He knows what he knows from experience and much considered thought.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I really want to take a Clint Smith class. Maybe one day.

That's the problem with gun owners. They want to hear what they want. Not what they need to hear.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I did not know Clint was from Indiana? Oh and he is on my top 5 list of people with whom I would like to train.

Top Bottom