Humanium, a metal made of melted evil guns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Upon reading this article (CES 2018: Headphones made from recycled firearms - BBC News) I discovered Humanium.

I had to share with the group ...

[FONT=&amp]Humanium is a new material made of recycled metal from gun destruction programs which are then made available for commercial production.[/FONT]

Humanium_Revision_640.gif

A Swedish company is behind that program.

humanium

We all know that guns are bad and evil, so if we destroy them all and turn them into bicycles and other metal objects (just don't turn them into knives!) we should soon have peace on earth.Awesome! :yesway:

Think of the children INGO! And send all your guns to Sweden to have them destroyed. :yesway:

[FONT=&amp]GUN VIOLENCE IS A BIG THREAT TO SOUTH AFRICA’S DEMOCRACY, AND A MAJOR STUMBLING BLOCK TO THE REALISATION OF A FULLY SHARED HUMANITY.[/FONT]
    THE HUMANIUM METAL INITIATIVE[FONT=&amp]IS ONE CONTRIBUTION TOWARDS ACHIEVING A NONVIOLENT FUTURE.[/FONT]

Yeah, because there was no violence before firearms were invented. :ugh:

There's also the opportunity for a gun manufacturer to buy a large quantity of so-called Humanium and turn it back into guns.That would be some brilliant trolling. :):

Can someone with a CNC machine make me a fancy 1911 out of a block of Humanium? :dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Back when the MCSD had it's gun auctions you could pick up some interesting items mixed in with all the junk. Sad to think that things like Colt 1902's, early commercial 1911s. and first gen SAAs are being turned into scrap metal today.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm going to Denny this one by saying that Glock frames can't be melted and remolded. They break down and decompose when heated above their "melting" temperature.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Meanwhile in Sweden, government has to build shelters local women to hide from the refugee rapists.

So Much progress in humanity.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm going to Denny this one by saying that Glock frames can't be melted and remolded. They break down and decompose when heated above their "melting" temperature.

I'll admit knowing little about Glocks, but thought the frames were injection molded.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Look up thermoset vs thermoplastic. Both made with molds. Glock frames are thermoset. On phone...didn't quote right start of this discussion.

THIS. Plenty of injection molded plastics are "re-meltable". ABS is a typical example and often injection molded.

Double Denny award for explaining it to Houghmade? :dunno:

And count me in on making evil Glocks into something useful and wholesome.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As a steelworker, I'm not buying anything made of something with the specification of "made of recycled guns".

Even when we make steel for toasters, the specs are very specific.

Top Bottom