• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I am asking this because of other question below.Is it all right to ship a gun barrel by USPS in a plain box with NO PROBLEMS ? and be LEGAL, dont want to get in ANY PROBLEMS with this.What would I say is in box if asked ?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yes legal, the only thing you cannot ship is the “firearm” part, be it receiver, frame, trigger pack, whatever part goes on 4473 is the part USPS won’t ship for a mere mortal.(save some longgun regs I’m not familiar with)

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Machined parts can be shipped without restriction. There is no requirement that you have to state what the end use of those machined parts is intended to be.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I am asking this because of other question below.Is it all right to ship a gun barrel by USPS in a plain box with NO PROBLEMS ? and be LEGAL, dont want to get in ANY PROBLEMS with this.What would I say is in box if asked ?

As long as it's not the barrel of a Ruger pre-Mk or any of the Mk or 22/45 pistols - all it is is parts and legal to ship. Provided not illegal to receive in the state it's going, too. And don't ship it internationally.

anvil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2017
    N.E. In.
    I am retired window clerk , no problems mailing that thru Post Office. I handled lots of gun parts, even to international destinations. Customs marked as "machine parts"by mailer. Post Office mailed long guns -- no problem. Handguns had to be mailed from FFL holder to FFL holder
    I also had printed copy of postal regulations at my station for when the other clerks would say "you can't mail that",, and I had to correct them by "
    You read this"

Last edited:

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    Unlike ARs, where the lower receiver is the registered firearm, some barrelled uppers, like a Sig 556, 551, Etc ARE the registered components. Even tho the Sig 55x lowers have the trigger /hammer group just like an AR.

Top Bottom