• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    From a local KY LEO, apparently some folks broke into Whittaker Guns in West Louisville (Owensboro, KY) last night and stole 40-50 guns. Google finds nothing on this yet to confirm.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That'd be a burglary, not a robbery. Not trying to be a jerk but when talking about a gun store it really does make a difference.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Crocodile, alligator, either way you lose a leg. But yeah, I stand corrected. Bugger all, they were burgled which is behavior below the belt.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Same location but they have opened in their new vary large building. Yeah, middlin' remote, about 15 minutes from Owensboro.

I've had the alarm go off at the shop twice...Both times I beat LEO here...Not because they are slow, it's just I live close...Real close......

"Do you want to go in first or me Rick?"

"Well you have a vest on and are on the clock so......"

"Promise me you won't accidentally shoot me in the back if I go in first and **** goes down???"

"I promise....."

"Wait a minute...Is that a revolver in your hand???"

"Yeah...And?"

"I'm just wondering how you beat me here being on a horse and all..."

Last edited:

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    They posted on their facebook page that they were closed today due to a break in. No details, just that they were closed and would be open tomorrow.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    wow 40-50 handguns! how long were they in there!....not to smart considering that the whitaker fam lives right up the hill!.....im surprised the whole family didn't come a shootin!

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I've had the alarm go off at the shop twice...Both times I beat LEO here...Not because they are slow, it's just I live close...Real close......

"Do you want to go in first or me Rick?"

"Well you have a vest on and are on the clock so......"

"Promise me you won't accidentally shoot me in the back if I go in first and **** goes down???"

"I promise....."

"Wait a minute...Is that a revolver in your hand???"

"Yeah...And?"

"I'm just wondering how you beat me here being on a horse and all..."

Hahaha on the convo, but not on the burglary.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Sounds to me like Whittakers may be sharing the loss with the alarm company. Certainly wouldn't be the first time an alarm company has had criminal employees but the news report makes me think more along the lines of incompetent rather than criminal.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Always wanted to check this place out. I'll be dammed I was down on a Monday and found them closed. Who closes on a Mon?:dunno: Cash in hand with a grocery list.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    It’s probably my favorite big gun store low key helpful staff you can be in and out in 15 min or spend all day looking.
    The long Guns are on display for you to handle without salesperson interference an unbelievable selection and great prices.
    My wife sets a two hour limit and they have a sitting area for wife’s!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My first trip to Whittakers included lunch at the bar across the street. Good food. Cute little waitress with jeans cut a lot shorter than her angry looking boyfriend sitting at the bar liked. He watched every move she made and glared at everybody she waited on. Other than that, it was a great trip. As mentioned, lots and lots of eye candy in the gun shop also. Hope they catch the burglars.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    My first trip to Whittakers included lunch at the bar across the street. Good food. Cute little waitress with jeans cut a lot shorter than her angry looking boyfriend sitting at the bar liked. He watched every move she made and glared at everybody she waited on. Other than that, it was a great trip. As mentioned, lots and lots of eye candy in the gun shop also. Hope they catch the burglars.
    FYI they (the whitaker family) own the bar!

Top Bottom