• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    Like the title says, has Palmetto's shipping fallen off the wagon again? I've ordered several uppers, build kits, and various parts and the last couple years have gotten everything rather quickly, within 3-5 days. Now I ordered one of their (ongoing) specials, Vortex Sparc with 10 PMAGS for $199 on January 5th and haven't heard a word yet. Still shows processing. I don't understand why places run sales on items that they don't actually have, even though it's advertised as "in stock". Grrrr. End rant!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Christmas rush.

Winter conditions for UPS/FedEx.

You get great prices, why worry? Are you going on a tactical mission in the next few days?

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I just got a shipping notice on an upper that was ordered the 3rd, of course it hasn't actually shipped yet. LOL. Yeah, they're not known for their shipping, but the prices are good.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    They had a special on LCP380's with free shipping that was hard to pass up, even if there are better newer little guns. And I still have a bunch of 380 ACP that needs to get shot.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Here is the big question. Has your credit card been charged without the items shipping. Being overwhelmed with orders or having employees with vacations or sickness happens. Weather Happens. Those orders are money in the bank and happy customers make happy bank accounts. When I looked at the sight the had a holiday/weather 10 day notice of delayed shipping. They should not be charging a CC until it leaves the dock.

my major complaint with optics planet. Charged my CC for an item marked in stock ready to ship. Turns out they did not have the item in stock and thus it was not ready to ship. 4 weeks, 5 weeks, called the bank at 6 weeks. Order was refunded thru credit card company and my order from SWFA was filled in four days. Marked in stock ready to ship. My CC was not charged until it left the building with the UPS truck.

I will never order optics planet again. Company dead to me.

PSA had a nice 1911 which looked like a nice addition to the family. They had a sale at 500 now they seem to be 599. Any comments on the 1911. Not to change the subject but limited reviews and I have 1911’s already. No hurries but always room for another. Maybe as a build project. Then again spend a bit more for a name brand since lots to do on them to get them up to snuff.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Yes, they are slow. My order from 12/26 arrived on 1/10.

But when you want the absolute best price, there's got to be a trade off somewhere.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    You get great prices, why worry? Are you going on a tactical mission in the next few days?

No, but it is a gift for a birthday that is coming up. I thought ordering a month ahead of time would be enough, but maybe not. And I have a right to worry about It because they accepted my hard earned money for a supposedly in stock item, so yes, timely shipping is not an unreasonable request.

Yes, they charged my account immediately when the purchase was made. Was just wondering if others are having this same issue, if it's a fluke or becoming a trend again.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    You're not alone. My lower was finally sent out yesterday and my upper hasn't been shipped out yet. I ordered on the 8th. I'm not in any rush or anything, I just want to start another build!

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I think the lone warehouse worker/janitor has trouble keeping up sometimes. What with his dyslexia and all

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    ARs, and I would assume the uppers and lowers also, are made by a vendor at the time of order, or at least that is what they used to say.

Top Bottom