• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    In the never ending battle to more efficiently store stuff in my safe, I have ordered a bunch of these.

https://www.rjkventures.com/collections/armory-racks

Right now I have a closet door style shoe organizer hanging inside, the pockets of which hold various holsters, magazines, etc. I plan on cutting the lower half off and installing several of these mounts, primarily for revolvers. I assume the carpeted material on the inside of the door is some form of particle board or other composite and should have no problem attaching these with the proper screws. For those who have used this or a similar method, how did you like it?

Parrthed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Charlestown
    I have used those in a couple businesses for under counter mounting. They worked as advertised.

I also use some magnetic strips on my safe door to hold misc small accessories.

My door material was more of a drywall style board. Had to get some rather aggressive screws.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have used those in a couple businesses for under counter mounting. They worked as advertised.

I also use some magnetic strips on my safe door to hold misc small accessories.

My door material was more of a drywall style board. Had to get some rather aggressive screws.

Yeah, I thought about popping off the panel to confirm the material. I also ordered a couple magnetic strips for the loaded mags I keep inside.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    I have velcro enforced holsters on the inside of my safe door....I think I got 9 of them for under $20.00....They work great on the inside of the door material and you can move them around as you need to....definitely worth it

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I put one of these in my 36" Johnson.
    door-panel-30-35-40.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I put one of these in my 36" Johnson.

That's a big Johnson.

Seriously, though, I need something on my safe door to hold my son's Savage Rascal. The safe is getting full and that little rifle would probably fit well hanging on the door in a pouch or strapped on. Wouldn't mind some other pouches on the door either for my knife/hatchet templates.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I have one of the cheap sheet metal safes, mounted some pegboard inside the door, got some coated hooks to hang stuff on- pretty handy, since there's only one shelf inside

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have one of the cheap sheet metal safes, mounted some pegboard inside the door, got some coated hooks to hang stuff on- pretty handy, since there's only one shelf inside

This is what I did as well. I actually got the standard pegboard "J" hooks and sprayed them with a rubber coating, but same idea.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have plenty of room for my hand guns. I need additional space for long guns. Any suggestions?

Step 1, creative tangraming of rifles. At one point I had 150% of the stated long gun capacity in my safe. What is killing me is the combo of AKs, ARs and scoped rifles. One reason I went with the hooks is I can hang 2-3 of the shorter rifles on the door. It is a pain that several of my rifles, not sbr's, are too short to reach the upper support without something giving them a boost.

ETA: I have asked about the rods that have Velcro at one end which eliminate the notched supports. Folks seem to like them but I am hesitant as it would involve cutting the support on mine, not simply removing it.

Top Bottom