• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    Very cool. I'm getting ready for an AR pistol build and have been trying to decide on which brace to use, if any. BTW, since it is legal to shoulder a pistol brace, does anyone have any concerns regarding comfort in shouldering such a brace? Looking at these blade braces, it looks as if the edge would cut into one's shoulder when firing. Anyone?

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Very cool. I'm getting ready for an AR pistol build and have been trying to decide on which brace to use, if any. BTW, since it is legal to shoulder a pistol brace, does anyone have any concerns regarding comfort in shouldering such a brace? Looking at these blade braces, it looks as if the edge would cut into one's shoulder when firing. Anyone?
    I have a 300BO pistol with a SB Tactical SOB Brace. There is no discomfort shooting it from the shoulder.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Have .300 Blackout with the original. I don't see the point to the puny one. More blade equals more "stock". BTW, I don't know what it "stabilizes" without straps, lol.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Have .300 Blackout with the original. I don't see the point to the puny one. More blade equals more "stock". BTW, I don't know what it "stabilizes" without straps, lol.
    They get the stabilizer claim by the blade against your forearm unlike the sig that is strapped around. I have a blade on a few of my 9mm pistols and enjoy shooting them.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I still think the thordsen cheek rest is the best looking and it can hold CR123 batteries. Suprised I don’t see more of them on pistols. I really like mine although it isn’t as comfortable as a regular stock but that is expected.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    In a 300BLK pistol, the blade 1.0 can get a little uncomfortable after shooting 30-60 rounds of hot ammo. The other braces are more comfortable but significantly heavier. The blade 2.0 looks uncomfortable for sure.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    With all the higher quality and (IMHO) better pistol brace options on the market these days....SB Tactical, Gear Head Works Tailhook, Sig Brace, etc....I don't know why anyone would opt for the Shockwave 1 or 2

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    Must say that the SBA3 has owned the market but if anyone cares the new adjustable blade 2.0 is now shipping as of the 4th. I may get one to test out but I must say it’s going to be hard to beat the sba3

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    With all the higher quality and (IMHO) better pistol brace options on the market these days....SB Tactical, Gear Head Works Tailhook, Sig Brace, etc....I don't know why anyone would opt for the Shockwave 1 or 2
    you can buy a shockwave blade for $30

the other ones are $100+ up to $200 or more; yeesh, “saving me a tax stamp” while going way over that price in doo-dads alone seems like an argument for the blades, so is the lightweight of one as well

Top Bottom