• ...and so much more!
  • other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    ATTEMPTED Gun Theft at the Crown Point Show

Approximately 2:45PM Sunday there was an attempted gun theft at the Crown Point show. The vendor normally sells reloading supplies but had one handgun for sale on his table. The suspect (an Illinois resident) took the gun and made his way to the door. Within seconds the vendor realized the pistol was missing and began to shout "He took my gun". Unfortunately for the suspect there were two Lake County Sheriff's Police working security and they were talking to a Gary police officer who was off duty and in street clothes. When the officers heard the commotion the chase was on. Suspect was apprehended, firearm returned to it's rightful owner and Mr. Bad Guy is now residing at the Lake County Jail. Congratulations to all law enforcement involved and a much deserved

THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Cant say that I am shocked. Been some real interesting folk at that show. Good on the cops for catching him and putting him where he belongs.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've sold a TON of holsters and other stuff to Illini with no problems as people are people. I guess I am open to freedom and democracy tho.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I agree. No Indiana DL and you don't get in. They got no business in the mother land.

It is called a "Gun and Knife show" for a reason. There are many items besides actual firearms at the show, plus the show does have a FFL dealer that will perform an Illinois transfer transaction for Illinois residents that wish to purchase a firearm. This show has a large attendance of people from Illinois who are good honest people that follow the laws. Many vendors rely on the Illinois attendance, and with out them, I'm not sure that the show would survive.

So, what you are saying is, because of one bad person that happens to be from Illinois does something stupid, that should penalize all Illinois residents? That is like saying that one bad person that does something stupid with a firearm should be the bases/reason to keep all people from being able to own firearms..............Your narrow minded statement is ridiculous! :twocents:

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I agree. No Indiana DL and you don't get in. They got no business in the mother land.

I like that requirement...keep the bums out.

It is called a "Gun and Knife show" for a reason. There are many items besides actual firearms at the show, plus the show does have a FFL dealer that will perform an Illinois transfer transaction for Illinois residents that wish to purchase a firearm. This show has a large attendance of people from Illinois who are good honest people that follow the laws. Many vendors rely on the Illinois attendance, and with out them, I'm NOT sure that the show would survive.

Your narrow minded statement is ridiculous! :twocents:

Fixed that for ya, Brad, I agree with you on this one. There is always a large selection of gear for sale, besides just the firearms. Better security by the sponsors and venue, and increased vigilance by the vendors will take care of the problem. Situational awareness is essential even at the gun show.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Fixed that for ya, Brad, I agree with you on this one. There is always a large selection of gear for sale, besides just the firearms. Better security by the sponsors and venue, and increased vigilance by the vendors will take care of the problem. Situational awareness is essential even at the gun show.

Thank you...it's early and I'm working on very little sleep. :)

In this case, the vendor admitted to not having the firearm "tied" down on his table.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    It is called a "Gun and Knife show" for a reason. There are many items besides actual firearms at the show, plus the show does have a FFL dealer that will perform an Illinois transfer transaction for Illinois residents that wish to purchase a firearm. This show has a large attendance of people from Illinois who are good honest people that follow the laws. Many vendors rely on the Illinois attendance, and with out them, I'm not sure that the show would survive.

So, what you are saying is, because of one bad person that happens to be from Illinois does something stupid, that should penalize all Illinois residents? That is like saying that one bad person that does something stupid with a firearm should be the bases/reason to keep all people from being able to own firearms..............Your narrow minded statement is ridiculous! :twocents:
    It a bigger shame that the state of Illinois doesn't show the same the respect that the fine state of Indiana shows to them.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Hopefully they curbstomped his face into a bloody pulp in the process.

Some people do need that sort of treatment, I really don't know if a thief falls into that category.

Like the rest of us, I do detest thieves, but to stomp his face into the ground.............. I don't agree with that.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Some people do need that sort of treatment, I really don't know if a thief falls into that category.

Like the rest of us, I do detest thieves, but to stomp his face into the ground.............. I don't agree with that.

The scumbag tried to steal a gun. That deserves a beatdown in my book.

Top Bottom