• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    What? Republicans once again betraying their base, proving that they don't really care about anything except lining their own pockets, just like their Democrat colleagues?

I just don't believe it. :rolleyes:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    *******s... It’s time for NRA to give them “F” ratings and time for We The People to OUST them. Let’s get on this, starting NOW. I’m ready, what can I do to help?

LET’S GET ORGANIZED AND DO THIS!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Until Bosma is voted out nothing changes. How long has he been in power?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    While I agree with all of the above statements, this may actually be to our benefit.
    1424 is dead too, so now we can start pushing for true cc.

I agree Bosma needs to go.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    No surprise here, did anyone contact the law/lobby firm in Simon tower that works with these "public servants"? Any checks written to those people who actually decide on legislation? You have to know the rules of the game.

Always follow the money

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bosma represents the money that keeps him in power.

Money talks, the bigger it is the louder it talks.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    *******s... It’s time for NRA to give them “F” ratings and time for We The People to OUST them. Let’s get on this, starting NOW. I’m ready, what can I do to help?

LET’S GET ORGANIZED AND DO THIS!

:): NRA won't do anything. I put my money behind Gun Owners of America.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    While I'm disappointed at this outcome, I'd be interested in knowing what percentage of Republican voters y'all think would favor "repealing" the requirement for a permit to carry a handgun? I'd be surprised if the concept got 50% support even among Indiana Republican voters. (And you can play semantics all you want, but repealing the requirement is essentially what you'd be doing).

This outcome sucks - but I disagree with those calling these legislators RINOs. Being "not Libertarian" doesn't make you a RINO. In this case, it simply makes you a Republican. These guys are most likely representing Republican voters' interests to a tee. Most "R" voters are straight-laced people who prefer an "orderly" society. (Sunday alcohol sales? Who needs it?). How many cops on INGO even support CC? "Carl Weathers" already said he wouldn't. Others are silent on the issue.

But regardless, we need to tune-up our understanding of what it means to be a Republican in Indiana. Up until relatively recently, most Indiana Republicans had been voting for Dick Lugar for years, and years, and years. Indiana is not a "Liberty" state. Indiana is a "significantly behind the rest of the country on social progressivism" state. It's not the same.

We will be carrying cases of Oatmeal Stout out of Meijer many, many Sundays before we won't need our pink cards anymore.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom