Largest new handgun selection in Bloomington/Spencer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I will be free after Sat 8AM in Bloomington to check out the 20+ striker-fired pistols on my "short" (haha) list. What stores have the best selection between Bloomington and TH? Range not necessary, I'm mainly trying to eliminate obvious no-gos so I do have a short list. Tops Guns here has a pretty good selection but was missing about half of what I'd like to see and feel.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Nowhere in Bloomington, honestly. You can go to Rural King...where they won't even let you try triggers. :bs:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Now that MC Sports is defunct, Rural King has the largest handgun selection I know of in Monroe County.

Andrew did a great job managing MC's gun counter before their closure. Sad.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yup, don't spend your time in Bloomington looking for firearms. You could drive north to USDS. Otherwise you would be better off heading to the Indianapolis area.

Forget about RK. Like what was said above, the trigger locks stay on the firearm.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I would think between Top Guns, Carsons, Terre Haute Guns, Wabash Valley Armory, and Rural King they would have all the bases covered

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I would think between Top Guns, Carsons, Terre Haute Guns, Wabash Valley Armory, and Rural King they would have all the bases covered
    Won't bother with RK if you can't try the triggers. I'll have to visit the others again. Last time I was in they had very little selection. TG is great (apparently better than anything in Bloomington) but missing about half of what I want to see. Sounds like I should just wait until I get to the Indy area again.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    what are you looking for? Terre Haute guns has their inventory on their website and it's usually *very* up to date, but also very limited. They do have about the best selection of in stock suppressors around, short of going to Indy.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    what are you looking for? Terre Haute guns has their inventory on their website and it's usually *very* up to date, but also very limited. They do have about the best selection of in stock suppressors around, short of going to Indy.
    It's a hodge podge that would have most wondering, "WTH is he thinking?" :):

Of the ones not held yet...
    Bersa BP9CC
    CZ P10C
    Honor Defense HG9SC
    Kahr P9
    Ruger American 8635
    Ruger SR9c
    S&W 9c (I have the newer Compact M2.0)
    Sig P320sc
    SA XDM 3.8 Compact
    SA XDS 3.3 or 4
    Taurus 709
    Walther P99c

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Carson's had a P10C last week, but who knows today. They also might have the two rugers. Not sure about the others.

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I would venture on down to Bedford. You could then work your way back towards Terre Haute via Bloomfield and Linton. There used to be several gun shops on that route. Have fun!!!

rd-kmg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Monroe County
    I don't do any shops in or around Bloomington anymore. I guess it's out of your way a bit but if you're willing to drive an hour I'd go to Seymour.

Last edited:

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Cosners in Bedford used to have a big selection. Herndons in Bloomfield is a nice shop, not a big shop but nice. Patriot between Spencer and Clay City. Have only drove past it and can't tell anymore than that.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Four Seasons gun shop in b-town is closed on Saturdays. There is a shop in Riley you might try. Bedford, as mentioned. East of here Nashville has three shops last I heard. Bloomington:dunno:.....good luck......

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Things don't look too good in the larger city it seems. Is this place not worth a visit (don't open until 11)? American Arms, 4545 W IN 45

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    You could try Angee's Guns in Bedford. They are new, I believe they opened in January. Selection is not huge but it is varied with Sig, S&W, Glock, Walther, even a Hi-Point for those with a taste for the finer things in life. They are a Colt Authorized Dealer, a Daniel Defense Stocking Dealer and Class 3 dealer with a nice selection of suppressors in stock. They even had one of those Silencer Shop Kiosks in their store. I went to their open house in January.

Top Bottom