Army's new SIGs ejecting live rounds, can't handle standard ball ammo.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ....including firing accidentally if a shooter dropped the gun, ejecting live ammunition,....

Tagged to read later.
    I stopped when I read this immaculate manifestation.

Again - "ejecting live ammunition".... just let that absorb for a moment shall we. :rolleyes:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Sig just seems to need to put out a dozen new models a year in every pattern and color scheme known to man.
    Maybe they should go back to making good, solid, guns. Seems like it's been awhile since they did that.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Tagged to read later.

Again - "ejecting live ammunition".... just let that absorb for a moment shall we. :rolleyes:

Not sure what you are getting at. What I imagine they are describing is the guns are ejecting rounds straight from the mag at the same time an empty case is being ejected. Sounds like a mag problem, like the feed lips are too open or something like that.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Tagged to read later.

Maybe....I dunno....read the article before rolling your eyes?

Testing also revealed that the handguns had a propensity to eject a live round along with the empty cartridge case during normal functioning. There was no indication that this issue caused any malfunctions, such as “stove-piping,” which generally involves empty casing ending up jammed in place, typically sticking up from the ejection port.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    giphy.gif

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I want to say sig will figure it out, but theyre making it hard.

I was eventually going to buy a 320 just to have one. But I guess when I finally venture away from glocks I'll go M&P

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My working theory is that Sig shipped .40 mags and that's why live 9mm ammo goes flying out randomly. :rolleyes:

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    Seems incredible that these issues weren't noted during the selection/competition.

I have a P320, and I've never noticed that it ejected live rounds or even heard of that happening until now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    My Sig Mosquito fail to fire 75% of CCI 40 grain 22s.
    Returned to Sig for repairs, I had to pay all costs.
    Sig told me that I need to use a special German CCI 40 grain.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I find it interesting that the XM17 went 708 MRBS and the XM18 went 950 MRBS when the shooter induced failure to lock the slide back stoppages were excluded from results. Those are not impressive numbers for modern handguns.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    My Sig Mosquito fail to fire 75% of CCI 40 grain 22s.
    Returned to Sig for repairs, I had to pay all costs.
    Sig told me that I need to use a special German CCI 40 grain.

You didn't have a Sig with a Mosquito, you had a GSG made .22 with Sig's name on it (like the "Sig" 1911 .22). Sig dropped it cause the Mosquito always sucked. GSG imports them now as the Firefly and allegedly the reliability has went up.

I'm curious why these 320s are having issues. Bad batch of extractors, short throated chambers, idk, hopefully they figure it out quickly. I had a 320 for a short time but got rid of it, did not like being ran suppressed one bit so ditched it in favor for hammer guns to run a can on

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    You didn't have a Sig with a Mosquito, you had a GSG made .22 with Sig's name on it (like the "Sig" 1911 .22). Sig dropped it cause the Mosquito always sucked. GSG imports them now as the Firefly and allegedly the reliability has went up.

I'm curious why these 320s are having issues. Bad batch of extractors, short throated chambers, idk, hopefully they figure it out quickly. I had a 320 for a short time but got rid of it, did not like being ran suppressed one bit so ditched it in favor for hammer guns to run a can on

Sig Sauer is engraved all over it. They MADE THE PROFIT ON IT. They are responsible for their product.

Top Bottom