• Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Ok, stiker fired and other Snark aside,

What's the deal with x ray sights?

I've heard of 'em but know literally next to nothing about them.

They are the same sights that come on the Legion Series of firearms, and I guess are considered their top-of-the-line night sights.

I got them on my SIG P226 SAO Legion, and thought they were fine, but the front dot was pretty small for my old eyes and I replaced them with a FO front sight and an adjustable rear sight.

Basically, they are a 3-Dot system with tritium inserts, but they somehow stay white in the daylight rather than that dull green color. They front sight has the smaller dot so that you easily line them up in the dark in a pressure situation. When all three dots are the same size, it can be hard to tell which dot is which under stress.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    My sig xray on my p365 is a bright green dot with trit inside it. Mine are is not full at all. Very similar to trijicons hd sights. Maybe they have updated them also as I just got mine a week or so ago

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    So I went to shoot at point blank and put 200 rounds through the 365 and hated it. Traded it for a glock 19 (my first glock)and couldnt be happier.

What didn't you like about it?

This is why there are different guns for different people for sure. Nothing is going to be "best" for everyone.

Would love to hear what you hated about it however. That could be useful for all of us.

Congratulations on your new Glock, I hope it gives you many years of bullseyes!!! :D

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    What I didn't like about it was where the magazine and grip meet, my pinky sits right on that line so by the end of several hundred rounds, my pinky and ring finger were numb. Also, and this is just me, with my grip on the gun. Thumbs down. I kept pressing the magazine ejection button, I had 7 FTE'S IN THE first hundred rounds. So I adjusted my grip and only had one in the next hundred, also had one failure to lock open on last round. I am very over the whole subcompact thing but if your not you would probably really like this gun. Also if you guys are looking for one the pricing on these things is all over the place but gander outdoors in Castleton is selling them for under $450. Cabelas has them instock for $520 and I think point blank range is selling them for $619.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    What I didn't like about it was where the magazine and grip meet, my pinky sits right on that line so by the end of several hundred rounds, my pinky and ring finger were numb. Also, and this is just me, with my grip on the gun. Thumbs down. I kept pressing the magazine ejection button, I had 7 FTE'S IN THE first hundred rounds. So I adjusted my grip and only had one in the next hundred, also had one failure to lock open on last round. I am very over the whole subcompact thing but if your not you would probably really like this gun. Also if you guys are looking for one the pricing on these things is all over the place but gander outdoors in Castleton is selling them for under $450. Cabelas has them instock for $520 and I think point blank range is selling them for $619.

Failures like that are no good for a carry gun. Might be your hands. Might not. What other sub compacts have you tried and have you had similar issues? I have a glock 42, 43, and 19. I find myself never carrying the 42, rarely the 43, and mostly the 19. Summer coming might switch to the 43 but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom