• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I bought my first ar a couple of years ago. I built an ar pistol later, and after I built it, found I did not care about the rifle anymore. I traded the rifle on a handgun. Now I am debating on building a rifle. It would be a range gun mainly.

My current debate is whether to start the build, or buy more ammo for the ar pistol and handguns I currently have. The budget wont allow both to happen at the same time. So far I am leaning towards more ammo.

What say you, Ingo?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If I had to choose between ammo for existing guns or buying another gun and not having ammo, I would go with the ammo...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I am in a similar situation where I feel pretty good about the kinds of guns I have, so I'm going the ammo route. If I see a good deal on an upgrade, or wish list weapon in a caliber I already have, then I'll make that play. Otherwise, ammo and saving for wish list guns.

In fact, in a couple weak moments, I've even seriously entertained ridding myself of a couple guns in calibers that I don't need (.380 and 7.62x39).

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Thanks, being practical can stink when ar prices are so low, lol. But so far I am sticking with the buy ammo plan. Well, that and some stuff for the Range Officer.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    if you have enough ammo to train and defend for a while, I would go with a build. The discount parts prices won't last forever. I don't know what your ammo situation looks like tho.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Some stupid good deals on complete guns. I have two I would love to part with. Stuck untill next election time/panic.

Still I vote ammo. Get out and do some blasting.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Personally I would purchase the gun. The current Gun prices are in my estimation about as low as they will go. It will only take another mass shooting or other incident to scare the public into buying guns and the prices will rise dramatically. Ammo pricing does not seem to be affected by these incidents. Besides, you can purchase ammo in small quantities as you need it until finances are better!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Doesn't matter. Trump is in office for another 3 years. That means you have another 2 years to buy ammo and guns. Buy whichever you want now.....and buy the other when you save up enough again in a month, a year, 2 years.....whatever.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Lol.....nope. Any panic incidents will result in no legislation with Trump in office. Hell, the Las Vegas shooting didn't even result in anything. There will be no anti-gun legislation in the next 3 years.

Personally I would purchase the gun. The current Gun prices are in my estimation about as low as they will go. It will only take another mass shooting or other incident to scare the public into buying guns and the prices will rise dramatically. Ammo pricing does not seem to be affected by these incidents. Besides, you can purchase ammo in small quantities as you need it until finances are better!

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Lol.....nope. Any panic incidents will result in no legislation with Trump in office. Hell, the Las Vegas shooting didn't even result in anything. There will be no anti-gun legislation in the next 3 years.

Might not result in anything. Won't know for months what the ATF will end up doing with the bump stock/ROF increasing device BS.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    And this is why it's ****ing insane that we give a non elected .gov office the ability to determine law.

Might not result in anything. Won't know for months what the ATF will end up doing with the bump stock/ROF increasing device BS.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Back to the OP, sorta, Point Blank is advertising a Delton AR for $380 (plus a free range trip).

That's a pretty darn good deal.

For me, it is a similar question to whether to build or buy a PC. I can build one, but by the time I cost out all the parts and my time and build in any troubleshooting headaches, its cheaper to buy off the shelf.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Back to the OP, sorta, Point Blank is advertising a Delton AR for $380 (plus a free range trip).

That's a pretty darn good deal.

For me, it is a similar question to whether to build or buy a PC. I can build one, but by the time I cost out all the parts and my time and build in any troubleshooting headaches, its cheaper to buy off the shelf.

I think the op was wanting to know whether to build a rifle or buy ammo. But the answer to build or buy a pc is almost always to build :D

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Ammo.

Having a gun without ammo is like having a....no wait a minute...this is a G rated forum.

Ammo. Go for the ammo.

Or you could trade off your AR Pistol for a rifle and keep your handgun and buy ammo.

Lots of good deals on parts right now. Some pretty cheap stuff from the likes of PSA.

Top Bottom