• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have never bought from the CMP before and I need a walkthrough. I am a police officer and member of the FOP, so that should satisfy both the affiliation and marksmanship requirements right? Are they going to ship it to my door or to an FFL? What else do I need to know? Any help is appreciated.

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    Good afternoon, and welcome to the Garand owners assembly, or, the future Garand owners group. The CMP will send it to your door via Fedex, I believe. Adult signature is required. When you get it, you should come to our monthly Garand/Vintage rifle matches. We shoot almost every month at the Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club near Borden, IN. We are also having a Garand Clinic on March 10. Check it out. All are welcome. DennyMac

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I have never bought from the CMP before and I need a walkthrough. I am a police officer and member of the FOP, so that should satisfy both the affiliation and marksmanship requirements right? Are they going to ship it to my door or to an FFL? What else do I need to know? Any help is appreciated.

My experience with buying from the CMP has been if you show proof of being military or police(reserve or active) that in itself fulfills the requirement of "affiliation" and the requirement of shooting in a sanctioned match (because in either of the afore capacities one qualifies usually yearly for record) that fulfills the shooting requirement. I was told this, and experienced this on all my visits to the north store. I am military and it has always worked for me. If you are still unsure you might want to contact the CMP North Store.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    If you read to the bottom of the section on Affiliated Clubs, you will see that we, as police officers, fall under what the CMP calls "Special Affiliates".
    This waives the shooting club member requirement and your department qualifications meets the marksmanship requirements.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Download the forms. Select what type/condition you want (and what is currently for sale). Follow the directions. Send your payment and completed forms.

Wait for your garand to come fedex overnight to your home.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Ok- I'll ask the other question, I'm not LE and not affiliated with a CMP listed club. What would you recommend? What are good clubs in Indiana? I admit, I am CMP dumb.

Recommendations for non-LE?

:ingo:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Ok- I'll ask the other question, I'm not LE and not affiliated with a CMP listed club. What would you recommend? What are good clubs in Indiana? I admit, I am CMP dumb.

Recommendations for non-LE?

:ingo:

You ask about clubs in Indiana?The Indiana Rifle and Pistol Association is another acceptable "affiliated" club and they hold shooting matches that meet the requirements for purchasing a Garand from the CMP. I believe the dues for them are like the GCA $20.00-$25.00 a year. They hold various matches throughout the year right here in our state. Great bunch of fellow Hoosiers.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    VUPDblue - I'm LE and bought a few Garands off the CMP and was happy. I mailed copies of my FOP card, Academy cert, police ID, birth certificate and driver's license. All that mailed along with my order and it met all the requirements. As I recall there was a document you print off from the CMP website that you get notarized too and send that as well.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ^^^or what he said^^^

CMP-
    They are basically the place that you can buy all the surplus U.S. rifles and pistols from. Their latest thing is coming up is a "Crap" load of M1 Garands and 1911s but there are a bunch of hoops for us to jump through and then the price when they finally sell them. Probably smaller batches at first and hopefully they will pick up the pace but I doubt the price will ever drop.....just because they can.

Civilian Marksmanship Program |

Top Bottom