• Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Bloomington Gun and Knife show, this weekend.
    February 17th and 18th

Monroe County Fairgrounds
    5700 W Airport Rd
    Bloomington, IN 47403

Saturday 9-5, Sunday 9-3

Admission $5, kids 12 and under FREE with paid adult
    Law Enforcement with badge get in FREE

All Local, State and Federal laws apply

FREE parking

Buy- sell-trade

Firearms, knives, ammunition, magazines, holsters, scopes, accessories, military surplus and more.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I hope so. Purple as required. I would be more interested in the menu. The deep fried tenderloin in Columbus 2 weeks ago was pretty tasty. BBQ anyone??

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Any show report from the "Peoples republic of Bloomington"?
    IoNgMaR.gif

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    To be fair it was not that bad... It is small.. and depending on that you are looking for.... There was a few guys selling surplus ammo,, You have seen them before.. there were a few tables of older guns.. a couple guys selling scopes and vests.. there was big section of filler that had surplus military ware..

It is small..It took me about 10 mins to do it... But darn it it was better then staying at home shoveling snow...

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    To be fair it was not that bad... It is small.. and depending on that you are looking for.... There was a few guys selling surplus ammo,, You have seen them before.. there were a few tables of older guns.. a couple guys selling scopes and vests.. there was big section of filler that had surplus military ware..

It is small..It took me about 10 mins to do it... But darn it it was better then staying at home shoveling snow...

Did you get a chance to look through the boxes of rusted Chinese tools?

It seemed more like a Pigeon Hill yard sale than a gun show to me.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Did you get a chance to look through the boxes of rusted Chinese tools?

It seemed more like a Pigeon Hill yard sale than a gun show to me.

No, I usually by pass tables like that and focus on the tables with things that interest me like the Firearms and ammo...

boatswainsmate

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 20, 2014
    Howard County
    I went to the Friendship and Bloomington shows today. There were more guns at Friendship to look at than the much larger Bloomington show. There was one gentlemen at Friendship that had a very good selection of Smith & Wesson Revolvers, Ruger Revolvers, Colt Semi-Auto's, Colt Revolvers and different style rifle's. Unfortunately the Bloomington show felt more like a flea market. This was my first time at both show's so I hope they get better for those close to them. I traveled from Kokomo to attend both show's. The visit to the distillery in Gnaw Bone made up for the slow show's!

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Hmmm..... Better stay home and make my own BBQ?? Any reloading stuff to be had?

There is a fairly good selection of powder, primers, and brass on one table. Didn't see any projectiles.

:laugh:

Honestly, sounds like my monthly stop in at Traildust is more fun.

It's worth stopping at Traildust if you are in the area - it is an excellent surplus store and the proprietor is knowledgeable and helpful.

As far as the show, it is small, and there is some flea market junk, but I did manage to find quite a few goodies. I've been to several larger shows (like the Indy 1500) and found less.

I picked up the following:
    1886 Steyr Kropatschek Portuguese military rifle, caliber 8x60R. I have some surplus ammo and I am looking forward to finally getting to try some of it out. 246 grain bullet!!!
    4 boxes of ammo, including a partial box of original Winchester-Western .41 Long Colt. Shoots great!
    Original set of S&W J-frame grips for $10. Can't beat that price, it was in a "junk box" with a price of $10 per item.
    Original surplus night sights for a French MAS 49/56 ($5). Another "junk box" treasure, but from a different seller.
    3 mags for the VZ-52 military rifle ($10 each). Seller knew exactly what they were and knew he had a good price on them. I happily paid without dickering.

It is a small show and there is some "filler," but if you are into rooting around for obscure odds-n-ends then there is definitely fun to be had. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I found to purchase.

A friend bought a very nice S&W in 32-20 from a fellow walking around. I hope to get to shoot it since I've always been kind of fascinated with 32-20 revolvers, but have never owned one.

It just depends on what you are looking for and how much you enjoy looking and talking. I know some people were disappointed with the size or quality of the show, but sometimes it only takes finding that one long-sought treasure to make your day. I had a good time yesterday and was glad to be there. Realistically, even if you don't buy anything, it is cheap entertainment.

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    I was able to sell a rifle I didn`t need anymore and picked up a nice Ruger 10/22 in the box for $100. Trying to decide if I want to go back today.

Mrmeseeks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 19, 2017
    Bloomington
    AmmomanAaron hooked me up with some 7.62x45 ammo and I missed the VZ-52 mags, I had to work so I just got a short lunch look. I don't think I saw a single glock. Its small and if you are looking for odds and ends it might be worth it to you go. I have only once seen a decent show in Bloomington and that was a long time ago. I guess its hard to get venders.

Top Bottom