• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've been locking my car since the Reagan Administration, just sayin...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I admit that I sometimes leave my vehicle unlocked. It isn’t intentional. I will hit the lock button on the key fob as I walk away but when I get back, realize it isn’t locked.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    1) My car is always locked. I make damn sure of it.

2) The rare occasions that I'm out and about and the gun has to stay in the car, it's in a pistol safe.

3) We park both cars in the garage all year long.

4) No way in hell I'm leaving a gun in my car outside overnight....and unlocked. That's just pure laziness and ignorance on a whole nother level.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    3) We park both cars in the garage all year long.

Since I moved here in '95 cannot get over the Lafayette habit of not putting cars in the garage, especially when weather is nice for car hopping.

Not sure where the custom comes from but when I bought my house I was working for .gov and my secretary drove by on a Saturday AM while I was busy working on the place. She remarked that I should "turn my garage into a living room", I stood there thinking she was joking but apparently some in Lafayette turn garages into rec rooms, perhaps this is why all the outside parking here?

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    Sadly that ratio makes it look like the number of people who can own a gun is smaller than the number of people who should own a gun (I am assuming someone illegally in possession of a gun wouldn't report it stolen). I just hope that it is an aberration, however, it is this population of gun owners that make all of us look bad. I am just not sure what the rest of us can do about it. It's kind of hard to connect with, and educate "that level of stupid."

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Since I moved here in '95 cannot get over the Lafayette habit of not putting cars in the garage, especially when weather is nice for car hopping.

Not sure where the custom comes from but when I bought my house I was working for .gov and my secretary drove by on a Saturday AM while I was busy working on the place. She remarked that I should "turn my garage into a living room", I stood there thinking she was joking but apparently some in Lafayette turn garages into rec rooms, perhaps this is why all the outside parking here?
    That's "a thing" around here also. Lay down carpet, put in a couch, fridge full of beer and a TV. I'm not knocking this necessarily, but I grew up with the garage being used to repair things and park cars. Helps keep people out of your stuff and keeps the car out of the elements. I especially like it during the winter or during a torrential downpour.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    That's "a thing" around here also. Lay down carpet, put in a couch, fridge full of beer and a TV. I'm not knocking this necessarily, but I grew up with the garage being used to repair things and park cars. Helps keep people out of your stuff and keeps the car out of the elements. I especially like it during the winter or during a torrential downpour.
    COMPLETELY agreed. I've been a car nut since I was a kid, and the idea of my vehicles sitting outside, or worse yet, parked on the street where they can get plowed in with snow, or kids' bicycle handles could lay down some mean pinstriping... no thanks. And I really don't like scraping in the winter. Our garage is used for parking cars. We don't drive Lambos or Jags, but they're mine, and I like to try to keep them decent, and from being vandalized.

I'm stymied by the number of people who don't even park in their own driveways.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Daughter now 13 had a friend who needed a ride to a school event. Both in back of car. She asked “how do the windows go down” she had never been in a car without power windows. The car has manual locks also. And a five speed manual.

I went weeks without the rear he rear hatch locked once. My fault I could shut the lid but had things in hand to lock. Never needed in back: maybe one day I will spend the extra cash to upgrade the car. I son’t See that happening for 100k or hopefully more.

Top Bottom