• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have five S/W M/P 9mm Shield mags to sell and wanted to know if I can do that in the "handgun" section or I have to do that in another section?
    I could keep them and sell them when I sell the Shield, but that might never happen and I'd like to get my money out of them.
    I understand they are $30/mag retail and can be bought for $15-$20/mag plus tax and shipping.
    Any input about whether it would be better to keep them to sell with the gun, or better to sell them separately?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have five S/W M/P 9mm Shield mags to sell and wanted to know if I can do that in the "handgun" section or I have to do that in another section?
    I could keep them and sell them when I sell the Shield, but that might never happen and I'd like to get my money out of them.
    I understand they are $30/mag retail and can be bought for $15-$20/mag plus tax and shipping.
    Any input about whether it would be better to keep them to sell with the gun, or better to sell them separately?

Those are accessories. Sell them separately, they will bring more.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Throw them in the parts and accessories of the classifieds.

This^^^^^

I have done this several times lately. Rather than let stuff collect dust in the "gun drawer", I moved it and turned it into cash to help with another acquisition.

You can often find some good deals in the accessories section.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This^^^^^

I have done this several times lately. Rather than let stuff collect dust in the "gun drawer", I moved it and turned it into cash to help with another acquisition.

You can often find some good deals in the accessories section.

1. That's where I'm at. I have been trying to "trim" the collection and sold a couple of guns, but then turned around and bought 5. :laugh:
    2. But, they weren't frivolous: all "needs." :ugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just ended up letting the magazines go with the sale of the Ruger SR 1911.
    Didn't want to mess with it.
    There was one Ruger 1911 for sale on Armslist for $600 with only 1 or 2 clips, so hopefully it guided my buyer toward my $600 1911.
    It's done, it's over: lesson learned.
    I'll stick to what I know next time: 22LR and 22 magmuns and Shields and stay away from the 1911s b/c of my inexperience.
    No "joy-riding" anymore like I did with my $300 (+/-) guns of which I suffered no loss (except on 1 Ruger subcompact I lower the price down from $250 to $200 (I think), or maybe from $225 to $200, I can't keep track and don't care to look it up. :dunno:

Top Bottom