• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dam7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    fort wayne
    I am unsure this is the correct place on the Forum to post this but.....

with th the sad events in Florida the right to gun ownership is once more under attack. Let's not kid ourselves these folks will never give up

i am retired and on a fixed income , none the less I have donated some $$ to the NRA this morning not knowing what else todo.

I ask each of you do the same , to your gun rights PAC of choice. I assume any amount is welcome , skip the box of ammo or the cost of one more mag as neither will be attainable if Bloomberg has his way

thanks for reading this

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    NRA Benefactor Life member
    NRA-ILA contributing member
    NRA-PVF contributing member
    ISRPA member
    Plan to join G.O.A. this week

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    If a crazy person drove a car through the school wall and killed 30 people, they would not blame the car.:dunno:
    This is our only defense, we must support these groups. :patriot:
    NRA Patriot Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Second Amendment Foundation Contributor.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    Absolutely correct--all of you. I know some people have faulted the NRA on some stuff over the years, like being late to the Heller party and maybe being too fast to toss "bumpfire" stocks under the bus after Vegas. But the fact is, they have always been the most powerful public RKBA organization and punch well above their weight when it comes to electoral influence (despite what you hear in the media echo chamber, NRA money in elections is fairly minimal compared to the vast amounts pumped in by other high prifile PACs and interest groups). Rather than donating to individual candidates, I highly recommend donating to the NRA. And yes, I'm a member (Endowment).

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    As much as the anti's complain about the NRA money that is not their power. The power of the NRA is their membership and the votes they cast at the ballot box. That being said a donation helps the NRA represent gun owners. Not perfect, don't always agree, but they are the big elephant in the room because of the size of their membership.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was just thinking about this last night. I wasn't going to upgrade my life membership this year, but I might go ahed. It's just another $300.... :faint:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I've given a gift life membership to my oldest and youngest nephews (2016 and 2017) and am a Benefactor Life myself... Always seem to give them something every year, even thought being frustrated with the current "leadership" the last few years when it comes to Training & Education + the Carry Guard debacle.

My wife and I are also USCCA members, but I've not figured out if I want to join other groups... Already get a bunch of their emails, but haven't joined.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    As much as the anti's complain about the NRA money that is not their power. The power of the NRA is their membership and the votes they cast at the ballot box. That being said a donation helps the NRA represent gun owners. Not perfect, don't always agree, but they are the big elephant in the room because of the size of their membership.

Exactly right. And we need to make our voices heard every danged election. People can get complacent when times seem good (Hillary lost!), ammo prices are coming down, ARs are basically the cheapest they've ever been, etc., but as the events of this past week should demonstrate to all of us with crystal clarity is that we are always one gun massacre away (heck, one SCOTUS vote away) from having all the positive RKBA progress taken away from us with the stroke of a legislative or judicial pen. The actions of one sick, evil POS, can effectively strip away the rights of tens of millions of law abiding gun owners in an instant.

So kudos to the fellow NRA members (and other RKBA orgs) who not only donate, they VOTE.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Very true. Their ability to organize around gun issues and convert that into voting strength is their long suit. The total cash outlay they have in the law/lobby dc game probably doesn't even register compared to most groups.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I cant afford much and have been paying regularly on my epl with the Nra. As soon as my tax return comes in im going to pay it off, that way i can start working on my wifes epl. Just renewed my 7 year old daughters jr membership as well. We are going to need much help defending our rights in the upcoming days, months, years, and decades, as the liberal loonies aren't going away.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’ve saying since Trump was elected that the 2A has never been in a more precarious state. I’ve taken some mild flaming for that but the pendulum swings wildly and national demographics are moving away from shooting (CCW craze is an obvious exception).

Anyway, yes. These organization need our money now more than ever.

The next AWB is just an election away.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Send it to GOA, not the NRA. You're doing nothing but paying Wayne Lapierres 5 million dollar salary.

NRA is full of FUDDs and is compromising our rights.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just go life membership.
    There are discounted life membership sales all the time and even with those, they can put you on a payment plan for like $25. a month.

Give NRA a call, they will set you up.
    1 (800) 672-3888

And yes, AFTER becoming an NRA member, if you can afford it go ahead and donate to the other pro-gun organizations out there.
    Every bit helps. Not as much as the NRA does but I guess the other guys kinda help out too........ somewhere....... somehow......... so I've been told. Don't really know...

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Just go life membership.
    There are discounted life membership sales all the time and even with those, they can put you on a payment plan for like $25. a month.

Give NRA a call, they will set you up.
    1 (800) 672-3888

And yes, AFTER becoming an NRA member, if you can afford it go ahead and donate to the other pro-gun organizations out there.
    Every bit helps. Not as much as the NRA does but I guess the other guys kinda help out too........ somewhere....... somehow......... so I've been told. Don't really know...

Other pro gun organizations also don't work on restricting your gun rights either. If you're happy with the way the NRA is right now you are part of the problem. It's not just about the bump stocks. We are facing back door gun control that is backed by the NRA!

https://youtu.be/SVj0P20cGrM

Top Bottom