• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    So yesterday I payed off my layaway on Buds for a Remington tac-14. Also last week I found a wood birdshead grip and forend set on eBay, so needless to say I bought that. Thought the wood would give a much better look.

So I got on Remington website and what do you know.. They’re coming out with a hardwood tac-14 model:(:xmad:
    D78F8832-7D62-42C2-A16C-F6C5F6B24918.jpg
    There was a lot of words after that discovery :tantrum: Use your imagination.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That's why once I buy something I stop looking...you bought it already, nothing good comes of looking. I learned this a long time ago with stereo equipment. The stuff I bought in the '70's is still top notch and runs, no use in looking at the latest greatest that's just throwing good money after good :spend:

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Should’ve waited, someone might come out with a straight lands and grooves non SBS short shotgun with a stock.

I hope

only reason I haven’t bought one yet.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Once i buy what i want, i also tend to stop looking for a bit. If something pops up, i just think to myself, well the one i have has more character. As others have said, shoot it!

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Should’ve waited, someone might come out with a straight lands and grooves non SBS short shotgun with a stock.

I hope

only reason I haven’t bought one yet.

I did see they had an arm brace model too on their website. The braces are kinda of an eye sore to me though.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    No kidding. Apparently Remington's QA/QC has been horrible the last several years.

Me personally I haven’t had any issues. Shotgun world I’d say they’re doing fine. But they’ve been a little rocky with their pistols. The R51 fell on its face when it came out. I have a “newer” r51 haven’t had any problems my one complaint is disassembly is a pain. Bought a RP9 back in the fall. Rural king hand them for $200 after the rebate couldn’t pass it up. Actually yet to even shoot it, the mags worry me though, spring seems weak and the follower wants to bind. Heavier spring and a Anti-tilt follower would have been nice.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I made the same mistake. Even shelled out (no pun intended) for a Wilson Combat +1, and put wood furniture on. They now come with both those goodies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You're right. You did screw up, because you didn't get the Mossberg instead! :stickpoke:

Spook feels about Remington the way I feel about Salma Hayek....Let's just say he loves them and leave it at that...

His old man was that way with Browning Buck Specials and Brenneke slugs....

Deer Camp Ca 1987

"Rick did I ever tell you how much I love my Browning Buck Special and that Brenneke Slugs are all I run through it..."

"Well.....Seven times so far today..."

"Well I am bigger than you and kept you from getting your butt kicked at Gerstal's from those five guys so....."

"Okay Spook...Tell me again....."

"Well sir...."

:)

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    HtISuPk.mp4

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I was fortunate that I bought the Shockwave first (shot it, loaned it out, had a lot of fun with it, been scratched up etc.) and waited for the wood Tac-14 to come out (very nice gun that I dont want to beat up). Have been eyeing the semi autos now.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My wife bought me a wood stocked Tac-14, love it!!!, my son even gets a kick out of it (pun intended), she got it at a LGS, so she paid a little more than, say, Rural king, but I love it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom