• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    I Am A Gun Owner, And Here's What I Have To Say About Gun LawsHey all, I got into a "discussion" on Facebook about this article. I believe every single point is either misleading, and outright lie, or at least not germaine to the point she is trying to make. How would you refute these points? In particular she says "most" states ban private sales. I know a small number do, but does anyone know the exact number? And what about the other points?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Rather than try to disprove falsehoods, try asking her to qualify what she has claimed.
    Tell her to show her work, as the teacher would say.
    Much easier for you.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    I went to OP's link. Wow, those arguments are all either blatantly false, logically incoherent, or pure sophistry. In other worda, pretty much in line with what passes for thinking in the gun control movement these days. People like this want to determine what you and I get to own, or what we get to do with what we own. Pretty scary stuff.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So... SHE is super awesome, well trained, and never does anything illegal? EVERYONE ELSE is a danger to society?

She witnessed illegal gun sales in the parking lot, and didn't report them?

She witnessed bad behavior at a gun range, and didn't address it (either directly or to the RO)?

She has seen people handle guns when drunk or hangover? Who does she hang out with?

Someone put a loaded gun in her face, and she didn't call the cops?

Yeah, most classes are crap. Got me there.

Hero mentality? Is this common?

NRA members are terrorist? Really? Does she realize y'all'd be dead if we were?

So, she AGREES with home protection with a firearm, as long as it is a proper firearm for home protection? No argument from me.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My policy is to avoid liberals as best I can. Reading the distorted trash they write can cause a headache.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    The fact that she spent so much time writing that screed tells me she has an agenda.

Also, she supports EVERY SINGLE gun control measure, but agrees with home protection with a firearm? Seems poorly thought out and inconsistent, since a not uncommon measure touted by extremists is Australia/UK type confiscation.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've given up engaging them. Their minds are as set as ours are. My only real answer is to occasionally post when I've made a donation to the NRA, thank them for being the inspiration. I only know one lefty who puts her money where her mouth is.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So... SHE is super awesome, well trained, and never does anything illegal? EVERYONE ELSE is a danger to society?

She witnessed illegal gun sales in the parking lot, and didn't report them?

She witnessed bad behavior at a gun range, and didn't address it (either directly or to the RO)?

She has seen people handle guns when drunk or hangover? Who does she hang out with?

Someone put a loaded gun in her face, and she didn't call the cops?

Yeah, most classes are crap. Got me there.

Hero mentality? Is this common?

NRA members are terrorist? Really? Does she realize y'all'd be dead if we were?

So, she AGREES with home protection with a firearm, as long as it is a proper firearm for home protection? No argument from me.

Pretty much, I read the replies here before I read the article. This pretty much sums it up

Also, if that picture is of her.....she owns a Jennings/Davis/ Jimmenez/ Raven/ Etc. She's automatically disqualified to give her opinion

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    She’s not real.
    No google presence.
    No linked in presence.
    Her facebook is a shill account that refers to her in the third person.
    Yep, you are correct. "Stage Name" at best.

Was either a character in the play "As Long as We Both Shall Live", or an Arch Bishop (deceased). Only other hit on a real person is a criminal record in Florida. Wonder who it really is?

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hahaha! M67 scooped me on the calling out of the firearm...

Pretty much, I read the replies here before I read the article. This pretty much sums it up

Also, if that picture is of her.....she owns a Jennings/Davis/ Jimmenez/ Raven/ Etc. She's automatically disqualified to give her opinion

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Ask her if making murder illegal would solve the problem. Unfortunately any firearm ban will have the same effect as making murder illegal, nothing will change except in the gun ban idea only honest people will be affected.

Top Bottom