• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lwright

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hopefully this is just a political move so he can say he "did something". Just like with immigration. After all, devices that turn gun fully automatic is already illegal.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Hopefully this is just a political move so he can say he "did something". Just like with immigration. After all, devices that turn gun fully automatic is already illegal.
    I wish I could say this were true, but he was anti-gun before he thought for running for president as a Republican.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think it is a political move. I've heard earlier that Sessions said he couldn't do anything about bumpstocks without congress.

It's similar to the president offering amnesty for the DACA "kids," knowing damned well that would never make it through congress.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Calm down ya'll. I think this is more to placate people, by saying you're going to do something, and then it just fades away

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You don't need a bumpfire stock to bumpfire, if that's what you want to do.

Making them illegal is silly and ineffective.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Hopefully its just a move to placate the talking heads that are front and center right now. Everyone here knows that criminals will do what they want regardless of whatever laws they happen to break doing so.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Dont know but I think this will do two things: Hurts Trump with his base but strengthen the chances of the Republicans keeping the house and senate as now Gun control is back to the forefront, which has been a repeat losing platform for Dems in red states. Personally, I don't think an all out ban on bump stocks is warranted nor ethical. That said, if they are reclassified as an NFA item but one you can still purchase like a suppressor, then I'm kind of ok with it.

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    Dont know but I think this will do two things: Hurts Trump with his base but strengthen the chances of the Republicans keeping the house and senate as now Gun control is back to the forefront, which has been a repeat losing platform for Dems in red states. Personally, I don't think an all out ban on bump stocks is warranted nor ethical. That said, if they are reclassified as an NFA item but one you can still purchase like a suppressor, then I'm kind of ok with it.

Now THAT is a good idea!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It appears he is throwing the dog pack a tasty bone in the face of their pressure to take bigger bites out of the 2-A
    He/his people....have to know how we are looking at this. We are those who despite the MSM onslaught put him in the seat of power.

Something is going to change. This looks so different this time. MSM and the spin masters have had enough practice that they understand what has to happen to further their agenda, you know, to disarm us by any means needed.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

We should probably poll the Ruskies and see which way the wind is blowing before we decide which eggs go in the basket.
    Bump fire stocks? I have no use for them personally BUT... some do and I don't want the rights whittled down or even cut off.
    I don't see any way to compromise with those wishing to disarm us without wearing a collar and leash. The sheep don't know any better but I've been a free man a long time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We should probably poll the Ruskies and see which way the wind is blowing before we decide which eggs go in the basket.
    Bump fire stocks? I have no use for them personally BUT... some do and I don't want the rights whittled down or even cut off.
    I don't see any way to compromise with those wishing to disarm us without wearing a collar and leash. The sheep don't know any better but I've been a free man a long time.

As have I. In looking at what is going on in society I am really coming to be OK with being an :oldwise: fart. I will not be here to see how all this implodes.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have bumped AK's on a few occasions with a stiff finger and a belt loop.
    No stock needed. Bump firing is not really my thing, like others I do not want to give one inch.
    If the left could only take one inch, it might be a different story, but they NEVER can.
    They always want more.

Top Bottom