• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Thought I'd share a couple of great computer programs/websites I use for learning about firearms.

1. GrabCAD.com
    GrabCAD is an online community website that people share their 3D models for Solidworks and AutoCAD. Best thing about it, it is free. Only downfall is if you dont have access to a Solidworks or AutoCAD program you cant really use it to its full potential. Its not just guns they have everything from cars, steam engines and kitchen designs. Me personally I have access to both Solidworks and AutoCAD through work and school I got lucky. Also if you have access to a CNC you could really have a field day. Keep it legal Gents if you do have access to a CNC... Don’t be an idiot with this one.

BA14E658-AEEA-471B-9588-29764CB2A296.jpg

687033E1-332D-45B9-84BC-1E828B3E10D7.jpg

2. World of Guns: Gun disassembly

this program is a free app for your phone, computer or what ever you wish to install it on. I put it on my computer. Absolutely awesome learning tool to disassemble, assemble, operation, cut away and see the internal workings of various firearms. I think they have roughly 170 firearms to choose from, MG3, M2HB, Lewis, Glock, M134, 1911, ruger LCP and so on. If you pay $50 you get lifetime access to all their models future and current. I use it all the time to study up on the belt fed stuff. Or you can take your time and unlock them for free. Takes a long time to do that btw.

F8BD46E4-EA12-436F-B606-5AEAB39C3DAF.jpg

4F2E01FA-E007-432F-AB55-A308778330A4.jpg
    Xray vision you can view it all in slow motion to see everything working.

Last edited:

MrWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Autodesk should have free viewing software available on their website. Will need an account, but it’s free. There are others out there as well. I found both of these before starting my build. Really helps my understanding, along with lots of text-based articles online.

Top Bottom