• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    Now that our self-anointed betters are in a headlong rush to tell us tens of millions of unwashed (but otherwise law abiding) rubes that we can't be trusted with anything more scary than single-shot .22 rifles, are folks out there stocking up on anything in particular? Are we about to see a return to the dark days post-Sandy Hook where .22 ammo verges on unobtanium and ARs are priced at 3 times what they are now?

Is anyone going out to stock up on a few extra "evil" hi-caps, just in case? Bump stocks? Binary triggers? ARs?

I'm trying to resist the temptation, because panic buying and hoarding ultimately hurts all of us, but I have to admit, I've been giving it some thought....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "We ladies of Boston already have our hats." Found guns I like, bought multiple copies. The rest is for fun.:D

No panic buying on INGO, everyone here listened to me when I said "buy magazines and lowers". So, we are cool.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I might panic buy two AR-15's for my 16 year old twin sons so that one day when they get older and AR-15's are banned they will still be able to sneak some freedom. I don't think 22LR will be in any shortage again since the manufacturers seem to be keeping ahead of demand. A lot of the previous ammo shortage on other calibers was government induced when President Obama was buying up and stockpiling large amounts of ammo to stick it to us.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I picked up a few extra AR lowers about a year ago, and have been buying ammo and mags here and there to build up my supply. I feel pretty good about AR mags, but would like to have more AK-47/74 mags.

The slow times are when you want to stock up. As many have said before, if you wait until one of these tragedies to start buying, you are already behind the eight ball. Just get a little here and there when you can.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    I might panic buy two AR-15's for my 16 year old twin sons so that one day when they get older and AR-15's are banned they will still be able to sneak some freedom. I don't think 22LR will be in any shortage again since the manufacturers seem to be keeping ahead of demand. A lot of the previous ammo shortage on other calibers was government induced when President Obama was buying up and stockpiling large amounts of ammo to stick it to us.

Amen to that. Your comment about your sons reminded me: I wondered if any millenials were going to rush out and pick up long arms in case of any move in the minimum age to 21. Which brings me to a point that's been sticking in my craw the last week (yes, I'm hijacking my own thread). How crazy is it that 18-20 year old Marines, or Army infantrymen or any service members, who handle machineguns and even more lethal ordnance every day, stand to lose the right to purchase semi- versions of the very weapons we train and trust them to use? It's disgusting. If it looks like such a bill would pass, I hope a politician with backbone will submit an amendment excluding members of the military, just to see the gun grabbers go on record explaining why they don't trust our young service members to exercise their right to keep and bear arms.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I would have thought everyone was still wading through the stuff they stocked up on the November before last?

My :twocents:;
    Smart money is on training dollars being spent this year and forward. Learn how to effectively run what you got.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    PANIC! Buy as much as you can. Go in debt. In a few months sell it cheap. Or Buy as many as you can now before the prices skyrocket! When the prices are high, sell and make some extra cash. Flip the coin.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Looking at a couple of extra 80% lowers but nothing else...then again, I have been looking at them for months now, regardless of recent events.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I learned my lesson after Sandy Hook. I started to hoard after ammo became available and started reloading about 3 years ago. I’m stocked up on that too. I do want to buy an AK before the next election though, I already have a couple boxes of ammo for it lol.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    ​Something tells me that the only tangible thing that will come out of these psyched-up, confused kids and their marches will be that a lot of rifles are going to get sold.

Top Bottom