• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I am in no way, shape, or form trying to rekindle any kind of NRA/GOA fight here. I was watching MAC's recent YouTube video about the G19X, and at the end of the video (around the 21:00 minute mark), Tim announced that anyone who makes a purchase from Copper Custom would be able to also get a one year membership to the GOA for free. Just thought I'd toss this out there. Here are links to the video and to Copper Custom's site. I just thought it was really cool of the guys at Copper Custom to do.

[video=youtube;Nk0eFRM3mpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk0eFRM3mpc[/video]

https://coppercustom.com/

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Yeah it boosts the membership numbers. But its only $20. Why not go ahead and give GOA $20 so they can actually use that money? Id rather the NRA and GOA not give me a thing and use my money to fight legislation.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Good for MAC. Like I said in the other thread, I think there's room for both and the fuller their respective war chests and the longer their lists of members, the better.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    He probably sends them the money out of his profits

That was my thinking, as well. I'd assume the GOA doesn't have the funds to lose just to add numbers.

Good for MAC. Like I said in the other thread, I think there's room for both and the fuller their respective war chests and the longer their lists of members, the better.

Exactly. The number of members in the NRA is talked about on both sides of the issue. Bolstering both groups can't hurt!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am in no way, shape, or form trying to rekindle any kind of NRA/GOA fight here.
    -snip-

Why "fight"?
    Join BOTH.
    And while you're at it, join the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF).
    Check, and you'll find that the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) does more than talk, they're in the trenches filing lawsuits, and actively fighting and winning against the anti-second amendment crowd.
    They're the one that I've donated to over time the most because they're actually doing something.

https://www.saf.org/

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Why "fight"?
    Join BOTH.
    And while you're at it, join the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF).
    Check, and you'll find that the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) does more than talk, they're in the trenches filing lawsuits, and actively fighting and winning against the anti-second amendment crowd.
    They're the one that I've donated to over time the most because they're actually doing something.

https://www.saf.org/

I don't disagree. That was more in reference to the "NRA" thread in this sub-forum which pretty much broke down into an argument between which is better for our gun rights. I just wanted to focus on the awesome thing a Hoosier member of the gun community is doing.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't disagree. That was more in reference to the "NRA" thread in this sub-forum which pretty much broke down into an argument between which is better for our gun rights. I just wanted to focus on the awesome thing a Hoosier member of the gun community is doing.

I believe they all have a place in the fight for our rights.
    And the number of members they have speaks how loudly their voice is heard in Washington, DC.
    And the more Life Members they have, builds the foundation of that voice.

I made it a point several years ago to be a Life Member of the NRA and GOA.
    Then a few years ago, became a Life Member of the Second Amendment Foundation too.

Top Bottom