• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    In a few weeks some friends and I are getting together for a guys weekend shooting. I have some land up in Michigan where we have done this in the past. Rifles, pistols, and shotguns will all be shot.

Aside from clays and just paper targets, does anyone have any ideas to spice it up? Challenges or “games” you know of?

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    We used to set up cheap soda cans or clay pigeons, load up our 22s and on GO unload as fast as possible and see who did the best. Or, throw a golf ball out there and walk it around. Milk jugs with water and food coloring at a far distance with money on the line is fun too!

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I was thinking like ShootandReload. You could do some drills and see how each person does. There's a website that BBI talked about in a thread some time ago. It has a ton of pistol drills and pdfs for any of the drills that need to be shot at certain targets. There are links to the descriptions of each drill under the drill tab. Here's the link to the site: pistol-training.com

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Me, my wife, and sons do fun little shooting competitions at home. We get paper targets that have games on them. The boys like the one with the dartboard (get it on Amazon). We do 4 attempts of about 3 shots each with 4 different guns to see who gets the best score. We also tape a deck of cards on a big piece of cardboard or plywood to play shooter's poker to see who gets the best hand (take tape or markers to mark or cover up the shots so you can reuse the cards for the next shooter in line). We also shoot the can competition. Set up a row of empty tin cans from largest to smallest - usually left to right. Typically we do 6 cans and give different points for each can (smaller can the better). That one usually ends up in my boys showing off to see who can shoot Joan of Arc off her horse (the Joan of Arc kidney beans). Another one we do is set up two paper silouhette targets about 7 yards apart. Shooter stands about 7 yards away lining themself up to be center of the targets (like a triangle). When it's Go they get to shoot at left target then right target then back at left target and then at right target etc. Winner is the one who gets the most kill shots or best kill shots. It's a good timing and readjust sight drill for handguns. Have fun.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    When it’s shooting time with the family to keep everybody in it I got some steel targets from 8 inch to 12 inch steel plates. Also a couple of torso targets with flippers. They are 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. I got mine from shooting targets 7.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    To go along with the games and format you choose, I would recommend including a trip to an organized shooting sport event. Most are very user friendly and all are educational and welcoming of new shooters to support their game.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Call a local bowling alley and see if they've got any broken pins they'll give you. set them up 15-25 yards away and see how many you can knock down with 5 shots. bullet bowling.

Top Bottom