• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Read the other day where an article stated studies have been shown where there is a DGU on average a person fires 5 shots that miss before the 6th shot that hits the intended target. If I recall they cited data from NYC officers that corroborated their data. This seems way out of line to me.

Seems to me this conflicts with the rule of threes which I am not sure how accurate that one is either?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    That sounds about right for NYPD. And that would be on a good day for them. Their training is really terrible. The city thinks training is a waste of money.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    If I recall they cited data from NYC officers that corroborated their data.

If they are using NYPD data, the stats are only relevant to NY. NYPD duty weapons are required to be 12 lbs. pull for every shot, unlike a regular pistol running between 5-8 lbs. pull. This has been well-documented for years.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    If they are using NYPD data, the stats are only relevant to NY. NYPD duty weapons are required to be 12 lbs. pull for every shot, unlike a regular pistol running between 5-8 lbs. pull. This has been well-documented for years.

Marine snipers:"One shot, one kill."

NYPD: "one mag, one hit"

:):
    FTFY

Saw a meme about that on FB ("How are teachers going to help when NYPD accuracy is only 12%"). Thought to myself "yea, that's why they're the laughing stock of the gun world, not that it's their fault with the 12lb trigger and lack of training."

Top Bottom