• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    My wife asked me last week if I would take her co-worker's son shooting today. It is his 16th B-Day and he had never shot a gun. All he wanted for his Bday was to shoot a gun. His Mom asked my wife if she knew of any gun ranges nearby and my wife volunteered mine. Not knowing what to expect I had the 22's ready to go. When I met the kid I started rounding up bigger calibers. He is over 6 ft tall. He was very respectful, intelligent, and eager. Long story short, He shot several 22's, 30-30, G19, 44mag, 243, and a few others. It made his day and that made mine. The glock was his favorite but I didn't get out a 1911. Lol. I invited him back for some trap shooting.

We started with safety instruction but he didn't need much help with aiming. I guess all those first person shooter video games prepared him for using the sights. He did really well with open sights and scopes.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Very cool! I'm sure he is more cemented in being pro gun now! Which is always good!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Excellent job. Thats why i enjoyed volunteering for the Winimac youth shoot we put on up North. It definitely gives you a good feeling teaching a new shooter!

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Awesome job! There are so many youth who need someone like you to teach them. Teaching the next generation is investing in keeping our future gun rights.:yesway:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Good on you for This! And good for his mom too at seeking a good teacher and being willing to allow her son to experience what every red blooded American should experience in their youth and on

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Good for you man. My sons talk to their friends about our guns and going to the range a lot. We've taken several of their friends from single parent homes (with their mother's permission of course) and it's amazing to watch and listen to them on the way to the range as opposed to the way home. Our main problem has been keeping the group small for safety reasons.

Anyway, I'm sure you made his day and he'll be talking about it to his friends for weeks. That's an amazing gift to give to someone.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's very nice of you. Have to get the young folks involved and show them it's not how the MSM shows it.

Not just the youth.
    Many adults have never shot a gun and you can change their views at any age if you take them shooting and they have fun doing it.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    That kid is hooked. My wife says he's had a smile on his face since yesterday, according to his mom. Now he wants to learn about cleaning/caring for guns. I told him when he was here he could pay for ammo by helping me clean horse stalls. He's all in. I'm gonna make a country boy out of him yet. Guess I get to be a mentor. Every kid deserves a chance right? I know several members do these things for the youth and good on you for doing it! Long live our way of life.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    My wife asked me last week if I would take her co-worker's son shooting today. It is his 16th B-Day and he had never shot a gun. All he wanted for his Bday was to shoot a gun. His Mom asked my wife if she knew of any gun ranges nearby and my wife volunteered mine. Not knowing what to expect I had the 22's ready to go. When I met the kid I started rounding up bigger calibers. He is over 6 ft tall. He was very respectful, intelligent, and eager. Long story short, He shot several 22's, 30-30, G19, 44mag, 243, and a few others. It made his day and that made mine. The glock was his favorite but I didn't get out a 1911. Lol. I invited him back for some trap shooting.

We started with safety instruction but he didn't need much help with aiming. I guess all those first person shooter video games prepared him for using the sights. He did really well with open sights and scopes.

BRAVO!!! Great job!

Top Bottom