Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brian's Surplus View Post
    Even if the interpreter passed a background check, they wouldn't be the "actual purchaser of the firearm", so they would be lying on a Federal document. My understanding is that the ONLY exception to that is a parent buying a firearm for their son or daughter.
    So you think I could not buy a gun and give it as a gift to my brother?
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    So you think I could not buy a gun and give it as a gift to my brother?
    If you buy a firearm as a gift, then YOU are the actual purchaser. That is completely legal. If your brother gave you the money to buy it and you fill out the 4473 then your brother would be the actual purchaser and you would be committing a felony, even if your brother was able to pass a background check.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I occasionally have a friend ask me something along the lines of "hey, if you are at a gun show and you see one of these guns I'm looking for at a good price could you buy it for me?". I always tell them that I will call them if I see a good deal, but I WON'T buy it for them. That is probably one of the most common, seemingly innocent things that can turn two otherwise law-abiding firearm owners into criminals. The laws are confusing, and there is even misunderstanding and misinterpretation among law enforcement (and occasionally even BATFE agents). A friend of mine who has been in the firearms industry for a couple decades longer than I have once told me that any type of determination of law that you get from the BATFE should be in writing or it is essentially meaningless (leagally speaking).

User Info Menu

Lake County Council members warily position themselves between gun violence and gun rights advocates Lake County Council members warily position themselves between gun violence and gun rights advocates | Crime and Courts | nwitimes.com
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lonehoosier View Post
    Lake County Council members warily position themselves between gun violence and gun rights advocates.
    That article title sucks. AS IF they are at risk from gun rights advocates.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

User Info Menu

Love the countless pictures in the bs article showing the same 20 people over and over again to give the impression there was a lot more protestors than there actually was. Nothing like the usual deceit from the media we've all grown to expect

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    That article title sucks. AS IF they are at risk from gun rights advocates.
    They are.
    For losing their job.
    They know the media frenzy is on right now.
    But they also know gun people get out and vote more than their opponents.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    IF there was one. Seems we don't know.
    Well, he said "Dealer", which means FFL01, which means F4473 is mandatory.

Someone has to sign that form and show ID, if that's the interpreter in this scenario, game over.
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    I have received and I have given. Usually at different times. But sometime at the same time.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I didn't read the article with a fine-tooth comb but I don't know that it says any paperwork was ever filled out.
    I'm not sure it ever says the "dealer "was an actual "FFL dealer "maybe just an "individual"?
    Someone suggested an open carry rifle event in answer to the protest .I can't see how a bunch of guys with rifles standing outside a gun show are going to get much attention...
    I guess you guys know better than me, though.

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar

User Info Menu

That's some lame ass ****!
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15