• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    I have over 350 deals on G-broker and probably twice that in FTF sales in the last 45-50 years. There MUST BE A WAY where we as sellers, or buyers, can call the guns numbers in and also someones license number to see if there are issues.

It is way too easy for those who shouldn't have guns to get them. In the past year I have refused to sell to 3 people for various reasons. I also will NEVER meet someone for a deal without talking to them on the phone. I know there are the text msg junkies. That's fine but I won't play.

Fire away!waaa2waaa2waaa2waaa2waaa2waaa2waaa2waaa2

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have over 350 deals on G-broker and probably twice that in FTF sales in the last 45-50 years. There MUST BE A WAY where we as sellers, or buyers, can call the guns numbers in and also someones license number to see if there are issues.

It is way too easy for those who shouldn't have guns to get them. In the past year I have refused to sell to 3 people for various reasons. I also will NEVER meet someone for a deal without talking to them on the phone. I know there are the text msg junkies. That's fine but I won't play.

If you want a check on the person you are selling to, there is nothing preventing you (the seller) from requesting a transfer at an FFL. That will NOT check the gun's history, but will be a background check on the buyer only. Most folks will not want to do this on an in-state private sale, but you as the seller can make that a part of the offer to sell. Just do it in your ad, and don't surprise anyone with it.

That said, on a private sale, I wouldn't subject myself to it, and would just go buy new from an FFL at that point or look for another private sale.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    giphy.gif

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    You have the right to feel the way you do. There's a few guns I've wanted to purchase through other groups and just seeing their profile picture(s) I got sketched out n said there's always more pew pews out there. I've also drove 2 hours to meet up with a few people off of here to buy items. I know even looking at how active someone is in the posts, anyone can be anyone behind the computer.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Honestly, if you are looking for a pretty good way to check, ask to see their CCL. Now granted, I suppose they could have had theirs revoked, but they still managed to hang on to the card, but honestly even checking that they ever had a CCL is probably going to weed out like 99% of the scumbags.

Sure you can also do a transfer through an FFL. Doing so wouldn't cause me to cancel a deal, as long as A) the seller is covering the NICS check cost and B) the dealer isn't way out of my way and has reasonable hours (if you are only open 8am-4pm on Wednesdays, that's not really going to cut it). But then again, I have a whole passel of NFA items. If they ever decide to go door to door, they are coming to my house regardless of how I do title 1 gun transfers from private individuals.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I ask for LTCH and matching address on license. If the deal feels icky dont do it simple as that. If person has what i just stated i feel fine.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was told by an ATF agent once that NO ONE has ever been prosecuted by the government for refusing to sell someone a firearm. If something doesn't smell right, then pass.

That was regarding store sales but I'm sure it can apply to private sales also

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a circle of people that I use. LGS owners (friends) and friends in good standing. I seldom deal anywhere other than with them or in the Classifieds here. I can always find what I need inside this circle. I can always sell/trade what I want inside that circle. Keep it simple stupid are words that resonate in my mind.
    No need or desire to venture out into the big scary to find a deal.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    200   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It may be easier for you just to stick to gunbroker to sell your items.
    That way it is shipping to an FFL. It is on the buyer whether or not they can pass a NICS check.
    That way you can feel safer/better about who is buying your firearm.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a circle of people that I use. LGS owners (friends) and friends in good standing. I seldom deal anywhere other than with them or in the Classifieds here. I can always find what I need inside this circle. I can always sell/trade what I want inside that circle. Keep it simple stupid are words that resonate in my mind.

Pretty much my method as well, unless I am buying from an online retailer and then the transfer is done at a known to me good to go FFL.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I always meet in the alley behind the poolhall after midnight..... and bring extra guys.
    There's just something nostalgic about a gun deal under the flickering streetlight with the smell of booze, urine and vomit. Kinda reminds me of home.
    Plus you get to meet the most interesting characters. :n00b:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I always meet in the alley behind the poolhall after midnight..... and bring extra guys.
    There's just something nostalgic about a gun deal under the flickering streetlight with the smell of booze, urine and vomit. Kinda reminds me of home.
    Plus you get to meet the most interesting characters. :n00b:

I had to double read your post. My eyes switched bring to blow.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

*Note to self: Don't try to buy a gun from CM while confined to bed rest*

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Hotgunz.com not perfect, but better than nothing.

Mycase.in.gov Cursory criminal background check for IN residents.

ISP does not share handgun license info with anyone outside .gov, BMV doesn’t share their info either.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I ask for LTCH and matching address on license. If the deal feels icky dont do it simple as that. If person has what i just stated i feel fine.

Why does it have to be matching? Just because some doesn't pay $20 for a new card with matching address doesn't mean there LTCH isnt valid

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I have over 350 deals on G-broker and probably twice that in FTF sales in the last 45-50 years.

If I am following your math, you have bought or sold 1050 firearms over the last 45-50 years? That would be 21 firearms per year, over a 50 year period. That is just shy of one transaction a week. Do you have an FFL?

Top Bottom