FedEx Responds to Questions on the National Rifle Association, Gun Safety, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    https://about.van.fedex.com/newsroo...national-rifle-association-gun-safety-policy/

FedEx Corporation’s positions on the issues of gun policy and safety differ from those of the National Rifle Association (NRA). FedEx opposes assault rifles being in the hands of civilians. While we strongly support the constitutional right of U.S. citizens to own firearms subject to appropriate background checks, FedEx views assault rifles and large capacity magazines as an inherent potential danger to schools, workplaces, and communities when such weapons are misused. We therefore support restricting them to the military. Most important, FedEx believes urgent action is required at the local, state, and Federal level to protect schools and students from incidents such as the horrific tragedy in Florida on February 14[SUP]th[/SUP].

FedEx is a common carrier under Federal law and therefore does not and will not deny service or discriminate against any legal entity regardless of their policy positions or political views. The NRA is one of hundreds of organizations in our alliances/association Marketing program whose members receive discounted rates for FedEx shipping. FedEx has never set or changed rates for any of our millions of customers around the world in response to their politics, beliefs or positions on issues.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I think in this politically charged climate where you will never appease anyone that is about as good a response you can expect from any global company....I read it as we have an opinion but are staying out of it its business as usual. :dunno:

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    I wouldnt like to give them a dollar but then again I cant tell Brownells, Buds, or whoever who to choose for their primary mailer. I could choose to stop shopping with them also but they're supporters of the 2A. My head hurts.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I wouldnt like to give them a dollar but then again I cant tell Brownells, Buds, or whoever who to choose for their primary mailer. I could choose to stop shopping with them also but they're supporters of the 2A. My head hurts.

Why not? They straight up said they aren't changing their relationships due to political views. With all of the people cutting ties with the NRA, here is a company who says they will NOT. They may not have the same view on ARs and "high cap" mags, but they're not caving into political pressure and jumping on the bandwagon.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    How refreshing that a business actually wants to make money and conduct its operations without delving into social justice or attempting to foist its own views onto its customers.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    So nobody seems to care about the whole "we support assault rifles and large capacity magazines being restricted to the military" part???

Seems to me that that part is to appease those who feel that way so as not to **** them off and lose business, especially given the fact that they are not cutting any ties to the NRA, which could **** some antis off.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    The issue wasn't that FedEx shipped firearms, it was that they offered shipping discounts for NRA members...just like they offer to dozens of other associations with large memberships. When they didn't jump on the virtue signaling bandwagon like Delta and American and Enterprise did, actors and Twitter fools and the NY Daily Post started bashing them.

It wans't necessary for FedEx to issue a press release saying anything in response to hashtag advocacy, and if they felt compelled to do so, they could have simply began and ended with their second paragraph. The positions FedEx took in that first paragraph should be bothersome.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Why make any other statement than "FedEx is a common carrier under Federal law..... blah, blah, blah"

I am so sick of hearing folks say "I support the Second Amendment, but..." Why didn't they include an explanation of what an "assault rifle" or "high capacity" magazine is?

I don't care if they agree with the NRA or not, or don't like the idea of magazine fed semi-automatic rifles in the hands of civilians. Just pick-up/deliver our packages and STHU.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It wans't necessary for FedEx to issue a press release saying anything in response to hashtag advocacy, and if they felt compelled to do so, they could have simply began and ended with their second paragraph. The positions FedEx took in that first paragraph should be bothersome.

Agreed...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So if standard capacity mags for ARs and AKs are too much for we the people, when is Fedup X going to go after high capacity engines in automobiles? After all, who needs 500 horsepower when 200 is more than enough.

The supreme court already ruled the right of the people and military style weapons if I am not mistaken, so we the people have the right to own anything light weapon the military has.

And anyway, what the heck does "shall not be infringed" mean?

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    They support restricting "assault rifles and high capacity magazines" to the military only. That means all other law enforcement would be out? I could wonder if that would pee-off a lot of law enforcement entities?

Morgan88

Top Bottom