• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Oops. Another aspiring criminal career cut short. No court costs, no incarceration fees to the taxpayers. I really don't see a "downside" here.

In many cases, the only way a criminal learns a lesson is unfortunately, the "final" lesson.

The armed citizen deserves a medal and a parade.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm sure Carlos just needed the car to drive to the final chapter in the book of turning his life around. Poor, poor Carlos.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Jeff Cooper told a story about one of his students who just graduated from Gunsite who lived in L.A. At the time the bad guys would sit up under the overpasses and when the traffic below them ground to stop at rush hour they would run down and rob the drivers who couldn't escape. So some creep ran down to the student's car and yanked the door open only to see the muzzle of a .45 in his face. The student asked "what do you want?" His answer - "I want to be somewhere else".......

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Alderman Cavalier Johnson, who represents the neighborhood on the city's northwest side, told FOX 6 the shooting was "completely preventable."
    "That young man didn't have to die today. He didn't have to lose his life, but he made a bad decision and he did," he said.
    AND he was a fine young man AND he was turning his life around, AND how dare that victim be armed. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, Play stupid ganes, win stupid prizes.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Alderman Cavalier Johnson, who represents the neighborhood on the city's northwest side, told FOX 6 the shooting was "completely preventable."
    "That young man didn't have to die today. He didn't have to lose his life, but he made a bad decision and he did," he said.
    AND he was a fine young man AND he was turning his life around, AND how dare that victim be armed. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, Play stupid ganes, win stupid prizes.

It was preventable. The car jacker could’ve had a job and earned his wages instead of turning to crime. Glad it turned out the way it did.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Oops. Another aspiring criminal career cut short. No court costs, no incarceration fees to the taxpayers. I really don't see a "downside" here.

In many cases, the only way a criminal learns a lesson is unfortunately, the "final" lesson.

The armed citizen deserves a medal and a parade.

:yesway:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Did you all notice the quote from the city alderman in the news article? He was worried about the poor perp saying the young man did not have to die. That the poor perp made a bad decision and parents should educate their children. Typical left wing liberal idiot response. What a moron!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The endless bravo sierra about these fine young men after they get shot attempting to steal at gun point is making my head implode.
    He was a thief and a villain of the highest order to do what he did.

His life has been turned around.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    It was preventable. The car jacker could’ve had a job and earned his wages instead of turning to crime. Glad it turned out the way it did.

To be fair, this isn't far from what the guy was saying. Had he not made the choice he did, he would be alive. No turning his life around noise. The rest of it was:

Johnson said he wants parents to educate their children about the many dangers that come with crime."This isn't a game. This isn't live-action ‘Grand Theft Auto.’ You don't respawn after you're dead," he told FOX 6.

This seems like a good message to me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To be fair, this isn't far from what the guy was saying. Had he not made the choice he did, he would be alive. No turning his life around noise. The rest of it was:

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    This seems like a good message to me.

Admit I did not get to deep into that link. My patience and blood pressure are at stack after all.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Did you all notice the quote from the city alderman in the news article? He was worried about the poor perp saying the young man did not have to die. That the poor perp made a bad decision and parents should educate their children. Typical left wing liberal idiot response. What a moron!

Maybe I'm just having a glass half full moment but read the second half of the quote. "He didn't have to lose his life, but he made a bad decision and he did" not the usual drivel blaming the gun/owner/victim.

Top Bottom