• oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Hey all,

I plan on taking my son to the local gun range next week; he's a big 19 year-old and has not shot before. I sent him the picture below of the available rentals, and asked him which handgun he would like to try. He replied that he wants to shoot a rifle. Fair enough. Out of the 3 they have, can anyone recommend one over the others. Remember that he is 19, and the Coolness Factor weighs a bit more heavily with him than it would the rest of us. Thanks for your advice!

Attachments

• 0224181105_resized.jpg
      0224181105_resized.jpg
      409.4 KB · Views: 48

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    From a coolness standpoint, probably the Cobalt. Looks like it would be a fancy looking AR. A 19 year old shoot have no problem handling a .223.

If you want to do it right, get the 15-22 and an AR. Show him what to do with the 15-22 and then have him shoot the AR.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    If he really wants to shoot a rifle.....get him in the cmp clinic at ft wayne rifle and revolver.....no gun , no worries, email the high power director, let him know, i will be there , he can use my NM

Or drop by our club on match days (antwerpconservationclub.com) we will find several fun rifles to shoot

Aaron

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I would also suggest the 22LR for a new shooter. Less recoil and muzzle blast so he can concentrate on fundamentals.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    If he's never shot start with the .22 and work up from there. Do't bet on the coolness factor. A few weeks ago I let a friends 14 year old have his choice of what to shoot. A Mosin M38 or an AR. He picked the Mosin. He put 30 rounds down range, all the ammo I had with me so I let him shoot a couple of mags in the AR. Afterwards he asked his dad if he could get a Mosin.

Top Bottom