• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HodgeStyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2018
    Scott County
    Just seen online. WalMart is raising the age to purchase firearms and ammunition to 21 yrs of age. What is the world coming to...there also taking any assault style looking toys off there shelves?!? What has toys got to do with some irrational kid shooting up a school? Airsoft, nerf, and any other assault weapon style toys or non lethal guns are no longer at walmart.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Their house, their rules. I'll continue to drive right past those **** holes, I'd much rather shop just about anywhere else anyway.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Saw a post on FB from people who wouldn’t buy ammo there anyway because it was “factory seconds”. Not a problem for me.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Shocked face?

I don't know the proper reaction here....it's Walmart....Waaaalllll-Maaarrt

You think they're on the side of the firearms industry or gun owners?

HodgeStyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2018
    Scott County
    Agreed. I don't do much shopping there for firearms amyways. Just wanted to put this out there for whoever may be wanting to steer clear from purchasing ammo at there establishments. Its just a sad world we live in nowadays, for sure. Thats why im spending more time at my local range and learning to reload my own ammunition. God, guns, and glory!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    CEOs are like everyone else, they like a good fad to jump on to.

If you live in a larger metropolitan area, you have other shopping options. When you live in smaller towns, not so much. Good thing the on-line retailers will deliver ammo right to my door and any guns I decide to purchase to my FFL's door.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    @GodFearinGunTotin. Have you been to weapons supply in salem? I have been going there a lot here lately for my firearms and other oddities purchases.

No. Never heard of them. I might have to drive down and give them a look. I live closer to Salem than I do Bloomington.

HodgeStyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2018
    Scott County
    Nojoy621. I didnt think anybody would catch that so quick. Good eye! @GodFearinGunTotin, for sure. They always have great prices on new and used firearms. My buddy just got a sig from them. And i bought my ruger sr9c there few days ago. Tell them Hodge sent ya. The older man with grey beard will hook ya up.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They are asking to be sued just lick Dicks.
    Federal law sets the age limits not Wally World

So by your logic they should be REQUIRED to sell guns and ammo because federal law says they CAN.
    thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-any-of-13575671.png

I applaud Walmart. Its a boon for LGS'. Them and Dicks' former customers can now go to places like Bradis, Plainfield Shooting Sports, ITP, BGF, etc. Every penny of those sales goes into the local community. And those folks typically are more intelligent and heads-up in order to stop bad transfers that a minimum wage flunkie wont care about. How many LGS horror stories of "no thanks, dude. No sale for you." have we heard, vs the same happening at a big box store? Big box employees DGAF. They are just there to get paid and as long as there is nothing blatantly obvious and NICS says "proceed", what does he care? :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So by your logic they should be REQUIRED to sell guns and ammo because federal law says they CAN.
    thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-any-of-13575671.png

I applaud Walmart. Its a boon for LGS'. Them and Dicks' former customers can now go to places like Bradis, Plainfield Shooting Sports, ITP, BGF, etc. Every penny of those sales goes into the local community. And those folks typically are more intelligent and heads-up in order to stop bad transfers that a minimum wage flunkie wont care about. How many LGS horror stories of "no thanks, dude. No sale for you." have we heard, vs the same happening at a big box store? Big box employees DGAF. They are just there to get paid and as long as there is nothing blatantly obvious and NICS says "proceed", what does he care? :dunno:

That's what I've been trying to tell people!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are you sure on that? Pretty positive the cake bakers in Colorado? Got screwed

I can't be sure on anything a court would potentially rule on, but I think age discrimination kicks in around 40. Surely you can think of a bunch of thing people under certain ages aren't allowed to buy or even enter.

Top Bottom