• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    OK so you know how all those take action emails are going around now. I usually take that ad a clue to write all my representatives. My latest letters addressed a wide variety of issue's, ranging from preserving our 2nd amendment rights to welfare reform, and strengthening the Conservative values in Tennessee.

No big deal just a few letters and some postage. Honestly I hardly expected more than a few canned responses!

Today I received an email from one of our Senator s expressing an interest in meeting with me to discuss some issues!!!. Enclosed was his assistants name and a phone number to contact her to set up a meeting!

So now what? Should I stick to 2a issues and concerns? Expanded Carry Rights?

I am really taken aback, I am not prepared for this as the last thing I expected was an in person sit down face to face.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    I'd like to know the best way to email/send a letter to my Legislator. Other than, "just do it"... clearly, long emails won't be read. A sensational first sentence will be cast aside...

What's the secret to making your point??

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Be polite, be succinct, be brief. Make it personal if possible and for gosh sakes don't use aform letter or email. Always send it directly to the DC office. If you use some "take action" link it is obvious to the recipient that it's a 3rd party server and means little.

Don't forget to call the DC office as well. Local offices rarely have policy folk on staff.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    OK so you know how all those take action emails are going around now. I usually take that ad a clue to write all my representatives. My latest letters addressed a wide variety of issue's, ranging from preserving our 2nd amendment rights to welfare reform, and strengthening the Conservative values in Tennessee.

No big deal just a few letters and some postage. Honestly I hardly expected more than a few canned responses!

Today I received an email from one of our Senator s expressing an interest in meeting with me to discuss some issues!!!. Enclosed was his assistants name and a phone number to contact her to set up a meeting!

I am really taken aback, I am not prepared for this as the last thing I expected was an in person sit down face to face.

Make notes.
    Study.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

That's pretty cool. It wasn't Bob Corker was it? While it might be an interesting exercise to bend his ear for a while, I doubt he'll very sympathetic to very conservative ideas. Good thing he's decided not to run again. Then again, I don't know that Lamar would be much better. I don't know that either would be ardent 2A supporters. Having said that, I'd go in prepared to try and get them to advance the silencer bill and push back against the recent "sensible gun measures" being bandied about.

Report back after your meeting. It'd be interesting to see if it was productive.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I'd like to know the best way to email/send a letter to my Legislator. Other than, "just do it"... clearly, long emails won't be read. A sensational first sentence will be cast aside...

What's the secret to making your point??
    Honestly I think it was because the original correspondence was an actual letter versus an email.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    That's pretty cool. It wasn't Bob Corker was it? While it might be an interesting exercise to bend his ear for a while, I doubt he'll very sympathetic to very conservative ideas. Good thing he's decided not to run again. Then again, I don't know that Lamar would be much better. I don't know that either would be ardent 2A supporters. Having said that, I'd go in prepared to try and get them to advance the silencer bill and push back against the recent "sensible gun measures" being bandied about.

Report back after your meeting. It'd be interesting to see if it was productive.

No it is Senator Pody, he was newly elected. Sen Corker and Alexander do not have a conservative bone in their body and have long since been removed from actual representation of the will of the voters. I would love to bake a cake for Corker and wish him well in his retirement and suggest he moves somewhere like Illinois.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think there's an intern that selects the topic of an email from a drop down box and clicks send to return a canned letter. I've never gotten an email back that answered any questions I had asked.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    [video=youtube_share;_nSHUc44jsU]http://youtu.be/_nSHUc44jsU[/video]

Pretty good insider advise.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No it is Senator Pody, he was newly elected. Sen Corker and Alexander do not have a conservative bone in their body and have long since been removed from actual representation of the will of the voters. I would love to bake a cake for Corker and wish him well in his retirement and suggest he moves somewhere like Illinois.

Ohhh...you meant state senator. Still cool though. I've never heard of Pody. He must represent a middle Tennessee district...which makes sense since it looks like you're in Wilson county. :)

Tennessee is kind of like Indiana when it comes to gun laws. They've accomplished a good bit pushing back many infringements but as time goes on, there seems to be growing resistance by the GOP to go for more, the longer they're in power.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Ohhh...you meant state senator. Still cool though. I've never heard of Pody. He must represent a middle Tennessee district...which makes sense since it looks like you're in Wilson county. :)

Tennessee is kind of like Indiana when it comes to gun laws. They've accomplished a good bit pushing back many infringements but as time goes on, there seems to be growing resistance by the GOP to go for more, the longer they're in power.
    Yes I am about right on the eastern edge of Wilson county. We have Marcia Blackburn who will! Be running for Porkers seat, she shows lot of potential and is on Fox News on a Regular basis.

I wish more people were more active.

Top Bottom